IGNORED

Have We Considered Our Position Yet?

reddevon

Anyone ITK as to any action/complaint lodged by BCC with the FA regarding the West Ham saga.

The club at the time issued a very short terse statement and it looked as though they meant business.

I for one hate unpunished injustice and swear at the TV anytime I see that gum chewing cheat hold a press conference.

Watching BT Sport advertising the West Brom/West Ham tie makes my blood boil aswell!

The way I see it, on the day we lost fair and square 1-0 to West Ham. I bet not one of us knew or thought about Sakho's predicament at full time, until the Senegal FA pointed it out.

Although I wouldn't say no to a bit of compo for it, if it's going to impede our title race then we need to forget chasing it, as I would take the league 1 title over the chance to play WBA, or compo any day.

Piss poor that we have just rolled over as a smaller team for nothing. I thought cheats never prosper?

I agree, they are cheats, and anyone who gives a toss knows it. But the distraction of us taking it further knowing we will have little chance of succeeding, could cost us more in the long run. We're in a great position right now in the league, let's concentrate on that.

I take your point about losing on the day and don't wish  a replay or being given the tie.

I just feel that West Ham knew exactly what they were doing but chose to ignore the consequences, It appears they were right to as well!

To me it's a clear case of "Premiership Up Yours" mentality and having been found guilty (after protesting their innocence) they should have at least offered us a replay as Wenger did for Arsenal against Sheff Utd in 1999, when the FA were powerless to act.

We could have then turned it down and been made to look the "honest" club that we are.

Anyone ITK as to any action/complaint lodged by BCC with the FA regarding the West Ham saga.

The club at the time issued a very short terse statement and it looked as though they meant business.

I for one hate unpunished injustice and swear at the TV anytime I see that gum chewing cheat hold a press conference.

Watching BT Sport advertising the West Brom/West Ham tie makes my blood boil aswell!

Thing is, they were breaking FIFA rules and have been dealt with by FIFA. Under that authority, Senagal were the victims, not us.

They haven't broken any rules from the authority that we are muturally working under (the FA) so we are not the legal victims, even if we have been slightly morally wronged.

Had he not played it'd have been to our advantage but in affect, him playing only put the playing field back to a neutral point. We hadn't actually lost anything.

West Ham have shown no class and I take the point about the arrogant attitude (which is a shame 'cos I always had a soft spot for the 'Appy 'Ammers) but as others have said, we don't need this shit anyway.

Best to let it go, me thinks!

Thing is, they were breaking FIFA rules and have been dealt with by FIFA. Under that authority, Senegal were the victims, not us.

They haven't broken any rules from the authority that we are muturally working under (the FA) so we are not the legal victims, even if we have been slightly morally wronged.

Had he not played it'd have been to our advantage but in affect, him playing only put the playing field back to a neutral point. We hadn't actually lost anything.

West Ham have shown no class and I take the point about the arrogant attitude (which is a shame 'cos I always had a soft spot for the 'Appy 'Ammers) but as others have said, we don't need this shit anyway.

Best to let it go, me thinks!

Hopefully they can do em!

Hopefully they can do em!

Don't know what their position is but believe they felt significantly more peeved than us.

Believe West Ham said to them that he may recover and they can take him as a part of their squad on the chance that he will, if they wish. They opted not to bother. They didn't send a doctor to make his own verdict when offered, either.

Thing is, FIFA have dealt with it - the fine being divisory though it was. Whether they challange it or go higher still, I don't know.

The galling thing is the nature of the goal, Sacho stretching for an awqward head and subsequently being put in a head lock by Kevin Nolan is not the actions you'd expect from a man just recovered from a neck/back injury.

As far as I'm concerned West Ham have been opportunist and conniving in typical artful dodger, Harry Redknap, East End style.

Don't know what SL's current take is but if it's anything like mine (he's a billionaire, so unlikely ;) ) you need to pick your battles wisely. In the greater scheme of things, this isn't worth it.

The way I see it, on the day we lost fair and square 1-0 to West Ham. I bet not one of us knew or thought about Sakho's predicament at full time, until the Senegal FA pointed it out.

Sorry, that's nonsense it had been widely reported (certainly in the broadsheet papers) ahead of our game that it seemed very odd that the player had withdrawn from the tournament with an injury yet was being considered fit to play by West Ham.

The fine they received was pathetic, less even than the prize money for getting through the round.

Although I wouldn't say no to a bit of compo for it, if it's going to impede our title race then we need to forget chasing it, as I would take the league 1 title over the chance to play WBA, or compo any day.

How can we lose fair and square 1-0 when the guy who scores the only goal shouldn't be on the pitch?

The thing about forgetting about it is all well and good, but surely wrong is wrong and when it boils down to integrity we shouldn't pick and choose when it suits us. If this happened last year I'm sure people would be going crazy about it. Of course a replay doesn't really suit us. But that's not the point.

This now has nothing to do with football.

That saga is all over. Due to West Ham being found guilty, we surely have a good case to sue for potential loss of earnings (from a replay & TV income)

Let the legal people do their thing and let everyone else concentrate on the more important matters in hand.

How can we lose fair and square 1-0 when the guy who scores the only goal shouldn't be on the pitch?

The thing about forgetting about it is all well and good, but surely wrong is wrong and when it boils down to integrity we shouldn't pick and choose when it suits us. If this happened last year I'm sure people would be going crazy about it. Of course a replay doesn't really suit us. But that's not the point.

No rules from the authorities running the competion (the FA) made him illegible to play.

As far as we're concerned, no rules were broken and we'd start sounding like Nick Higgs if we argued otherwise. They haven't broken any FA rules and so there's no illegality that applies to us.

The money would be nice.

I agree but concentrating on the job of promotion is key to me.

Don't want any distractions from that.

You never know, revenge could come sooner than you think if

we gain promotion. As an aside I might be wrong but I don't think we are likely to get

any money so its just something I would rather not think about.

To me it's not just about concentrating on other things, that can be done as well.

I think the club should have protested fiercely to the FA (even if no direct rule had been broken) and should let us (and the rest of football) know about it.

The FA (protest or not) should make a statement at least along the lines of :

We are aware of the concerns regarding the FA Cup tie but note that we are unable to take any action as no rules of the competition have been broken. We do however remind clubs of the FIFA rules and their responsibilities to International teams and their players in future"

That way at least they acknowledge that WHU were not the inocent party that they appear to protest!

I wonder how many clubs will be watching out for this more closely in the future.

Well hardly fair and square when the player who scored should not have been playing ???

Archived