IGNORED

Blades Tickets

Bob Taylor is GOD

Sheffields version of NLBR !

Utd are def the lower grade team in Sheffield, just after we beat Oldham in 1965 to go back to Div 2, my old man told us he had been promoted at work (Ashton Containers) and we were moving up to a place called Chesterfield in Derbyshire. In the November we moved in and first job was to find a team to go and watch. In the radius were both Sheffield teams, Chesterfield, mansfield, Notts Forest and County and Derby County.The old man and I immediately plumped for Wednesday and then began 4 happy years watching them in Div 1 ( including a trip to Wembley in 1966) I changed the colour of my rattle from Red and White to Blue White and Black. I still followed City on theTV and even went to the Leeds v City match where Gary Sprake was sent off for spitting in Chris Garlands face and we were 'infiltrated' by Leeds local thuggery looking for trouble, they must have been thick as there were thousands of us. Normality returned when I moved to Nailsea 4 years later and on meeting the wife our first date was at the Gate followed by a pint and port and lemon in the supporters club. Still have a love of the Wednesday as they were a great team in those days regularly supplying England with players. But to me , Utd will always be :gasmask:

Can't work out today, maybe it's the kick up the backside we needed. Not sure about the Sheffield fans. Wednesday haven't had a 30k average since 1966 when they had an excellent team. United have had 2 x 30K averages since then despite having no success. Must admit whenever I've seen United in the flesh or on TV they always have much more passion than their neighbours. All subjective, there are probably some fans who consider the Pigates the best supportes in Bristol. 

Archived