IGNORED

Cole Skuse

foghornred

He's the type of player who will always divide opinion, some will say he is absolutely useless and doesn't contribute to the game, and others way say he's the exact type of player that's needed to produce a winning team.

Have to say though I'm not exactly sitting in my seat at AG thinking how we miss Cole Skuse.

Jesus, we were saying Marvin Elliot was the new gazza after 1 season so let's got get ahead of ourselves. Yes Korey is looking a decent signing but nobody can argue that Skuse is playing week in week out in the Championsip and has done for many years. Korey still has some way to go that's for sure..

If he plays eight consecutive seasons of Championship football at some stage in his career only then we can say he is as good, let alone "twice" as good.

Yep wasn't a fan of Skuse but have to agree here, Smith has only played ONE season in the Championship, that's way less than Skuse.....

Anyone take a guess why?

Jesus, we were saying Marvin Elliot was the new gazza after 1 season so let's got get ahead of ourselves. Yes Korey is looking a decent signing but nobody can argue that Skuse is playing week in week out in the Championsip and has done for many years. Korey still has some way to go that's for sure..

If we go up this season I reckon Korey will handle the pressure of moving up a league fine and will establish himself well in the Championship with us & will hopefully be part of the team keeping us fighting for play off places year in and out should we not get promoted to the Premiershit within the next few seasons, I hope that we do it right this time if we go up and make sure we establish ourselves as a Championship team rather than yo-yoing from League 1 and the Championship over years.

Skuse was so consistent and so will really flourish in a Mick team which tend to be based on consistency and discipline. Skuse is and was just that, but in a team that was crying out for creativity, skuse was never going to achieve that. We had Marv, Cisse and Skuse all similar players and so Skuse was seeming given the responsibility of providing that flair which he could not provide. Now he's playing in a team and for a manager that suits him he is thriving, Personally thought he was an excellent player if unspectacular. 

Skuse is what I like to call a "footballers footballer". He may rarely do the fancy stuff, but his teammates will always appreciate the work he does on the pitch. At a higher level, Owen Hargreaves was the same for England.

I'll never forget a game when Cole was about 21 and he was easily our best player on the night. A friend and I were walking out after the game, when someone walked past us saying how shite Skuse was all night and he how he never influences matches. My friend and I just looked at each other with bemusement when an old guy behind us piped up with "did he just watch the same game as me? Skuse was fantastic". Just shows that you can never please everyone and that there's much more to football than just looking good with the ball at your feet.

What does McCarthy know? He's just some bloke who played for Man City, Celtic etc and who managed the Republic of Ireland, Sunderland, Wolves & Ipswich. How does that compare to the experts on the forum who know that Skuse is total crap?

What does McCarthy know? He's just some bloke who played for Man City, Celtic etc and who managed the Republic of Ireland, Sunderland, Wolves & Ipswich. How does that compare to the experts on the forum who know that Skuse is total crap?

More times you get sacked the better - got it.

Football is a mad business.

Remember the monkey playing darts beating the stock exchange """"""experts"""""?

Skuse is what I like to call a "footballers footballer". He may rarely do the fancy stuff, but his teammates will always appreciate the work he does on the pitch. At a higher level, Owen Hargreaves was the same for England.

I'll never forget a game when Cole was about 21 and he was easily our best player on the night. A friend and I were walking out after the game, when someone walked past us saying how shite Skuse was all night and he how he never influences matches. My friend and I just looked at each other with bemusement when an old guy behind us piped up with "did he just watch the same game as me? Skuse was fantastic". Just shows that you can never please everyone and that there's much more to football than just looking good with the ball at your feet.

I'm sorry but comparing Owen Hargreaves to Skuse is ridiculous, Hargreaves was a winner, a hard man who changed games, a powerful player who even scored the odd goal... Poor poor comparison I'm afraid..

I'm sorry but comparing Owen Hargreaves to Skuse is ridiculous, Hargreaves was a winner, a hard man who changed games, a powerful player who even scored the odd goal... Poor poor comparison I'm afraid..

At what point in my post do I compare their ability? The point I was trying to make was that they have both been maligned by fans at various points in their respective careers, but their teammates would undoubtably know their true worth to the team.

You do seem to enjoy being rather aggressive towards other posters whilst coming across as knowing very little about football. Another to add to my ignore list in other words.

Skuse was so consistent and so will really flourish in a Mick team which tend to be based on consistency and discipline. Skuse is and was just that, but in a team that was crying out for creativity, skuse was never going to achieve that. We had Marv, Cisse and Skuse all similar players and so Skuse was seeming given the responsibility of providing that flair which he could not provide. Now he's playing in a team and for a manager that suits him he is thriving, Personally thought he was an excellent player if unspectacular. 

great post pretty much how i saw it  

No takers? He won promotion.

Smith has done more in one season that Skuse has in 8 up in the Championship. Much much happier with our Korey.

Ridiculous mate.

Smith - half a season in division 3.

Skuse - mostly played in Division 2, that's why he's there now.

Skuse - unspectacular, etc. Yes. Nobby Siles has got a World Cup Winners Medal.

Archived