IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Sheffield United Match Day Thread

Obviously a loss isn't great by any stretch, but if we'd have been offered all 3 teams winning at the beginning of the day, we'd have taken it.

In terms of MK and Swindon, we matched them. It all could have been so much worse.

One less game they have of regaining points. It's days like today that their fans will be frustrated to have lost. A better weekend for us than them.

Easy to after time when you've gone 1-3 down.

On another day Agard bags the winner.

As soon as I saw the switch I was worried, we didn't need to push and a point would have been a good return today.

Can't moan too much as he always try's to win a game, as have been said good day to lose.

We've lost 3 games this season now to Swindon, Preston & Sheffield Utd, all promotion rivals. I honestly believe that there is no shame in losing the games that we have now lost. 

It's winning the games away at places like Gillingham & S****horpe that ultimately win you promotion from this division. 

Disappointing, yes. A reason to panic, no. 

We've lost 3 games this season now to Swindon, Preston & Sheffield Utd, all promotion rivals. I honestly believe that there is no shame in losing the games that we have now lost. 

It's winning the games away at places like Gillingham & S****horpe that ultimately win you promotion from this division. 

Disappointing, yes. A reason to panic, no. 

We've lost four.

Wow, game at Blackpool looks good, 4-4

Bolton Watford 3-4 too, worth watching FLS just for these two games plus Gillingham and Scunny, .-loadsa goals to watch, plenty elsewhere too... Not to mention WBrom! :)

Our game... Oh well nobodies gained on us at the top.. shame, a win would've been great but can't win em all..

FLS should (on the whole) be a decent watch tonight..

It's just a reality check.  For weeks now City have repeatedly won without playing well.  This result only goes to show that can't keep getting away with by just turning up on the day.  They need to start playing well again.

Pretty much this. Oddly, three of Sheff's last wins have been us, Preston and Swindon. As disappointing 45 mins as we have had this season, but need to push on and take advantage now on Tuesday. The gap to Sheff 'should' be enough, although as a further aside think they have now played the top four twice.

Disappointing for sure, but hey ho. Would not swop positions with anyone else.

Bolton Watford 3-4 too, worth watching FLS just for these two games plus Gillingham and Scunny, .-loadsa goals to watch, plenty elsewhere too... Not to mention WBrom! :)

Our game... Oh well nobodies gained on us at the top.. shame, a win would've been great but can't win em all..

FLS should (on the whole) be a decent watch tonight..

What's the betting we get a five-minute slot now we've lost at home?

Not happy with losing but we can still go 7 points clear if we win our game in hand, SC admitted he when for the win & was trying give Elliott a bit of a rest it didn't work out but he has always said he goes for the win that's what he tried just shame it didn't pull off, onwards to the next game & we can hopefully put more points between us, COYR's

Well, shit.

Couldn't follow the game at all today, then see this...

But also see our closest contenders also both lost, and as someone else has mentioned; one less game, still top, still a chance to pull away.

Could have been much, much worse.

Get 'em back in tomorrow; get 'em working hard; make sure the team bounce back on Tuesday.

Disappointed, but in a way puts more pressure on MK and Swindon than us, thanks to Preston winning. And if we win the next game, we're still in a cracking position.

COYR

Edit - realise Preston didn't play: my bad. Still not bad

Edited by samo II

We simply have to go up automatically.  The idea of play offs against Sheff U, Preston and possibly Bradford is not a welcome one.  They have all shown they are good at winning one off games.  We have shown that we can accumulate points over the season so hopefully this will carry us up.  

Should we get up, I can see that SC will change his approach as we won't be able to dominate sides as we have done this season.  We'll  need to be less open.

We looked slower most of the time. Sheffield attacked quickly and incisively. Ayling, in particular, suffered.

Ayling's taken several kicks in the last couple of games and definitely seems to have slowed down. Trademark surging runs barely in evidence today.

'Lumbering' is a descriptive word you can certainly imagine opposing fans applying to Matt Smith, despite another goal today.

I thought the majority of the players looked jaded today, and they also looked weary as a team.

There certainly has to be concern that so many look fatigued so early into a really gruelling run of games, and you'd imagine Cotts. will be looking to bring in some fresher legs from the bench for Tuesday.

Ayling's taken several kicks in the last couple of games and definitely seems to have slowed down. Trademark surging runs barely in evidence today.

'Lumbering' is a descriptive word you can certainly imagine opposing fans applying to Matt Smith, despite another goal today.

I thought the majority of the players looked jaded today, and they also looked weary as a team.

There certainly has to be concern that so many look fatigued so early into a really gruelling run of games, and you'd imagine Cotts. will be looking to bring in some fresher legs from the bench for Tuesday.

That's certainly true, Noggers. The trouble is the "fresher legs" didn't really seem much cop today.

I'd still like to see a pacy striker brought to the club. Need not even be our major goal threat, but just someone who can come on, give tired defences the run about and let our other strikers exploit the mayhem.