IGNORED

Equalising Goal Offside ?

bcfc@downend

Couldn't agree more, however the 3rd goal was the icing on the cake for the Chefs it was the 2nd goal that killed us and Little's cameo in the whole scene leading up to the 2nd goal was casual, he totally shut off.

just observe Little when possession is lost and needs to bust a gut to get back...... he's coasting it

just observe Little when possession is lost and needs to bust a gut to get back...... he's coasting it

Exactly there is a definite "oh shit" moment, where Kenny Craig says "3, 2, 1 your back on the pitch" and Little realises exactly what he has allowed to happen.

However the good news is in the past this season, we have been able to shrug these moments off with a win in the next game, so let's hope that's the case on Tuesday, get it out of the system and move on.

Exactly there is a definite "oh shit" moment, where Kenny Craig says "3, 2, 1 your back on the pitch" and Little realises exactly what he has allowed to happen.

However the good news is in the past this season, we have been able to shrug these moments off with a win in the next game, so let's hope that's the case on Tuesday, get it out of the system and move on.

When video coverage of this game is shown to our players..... Wonder what sort of reaction our 100% no. 4 defender would have, for example to this sort of uncommitted defending ?

• Admin

Matt Done is clearly the furthest forward of any player so obviously there was ZERO City players between him and the line when the ball is stabbed towards him by a teammate. A clearer offside decision you are never likely to see.

Frustrating as it stays 1-0 with the officials applying the laws correctly.

• Admin

As stated above, Elliott is out of the picture and there is every chance he could be playing him onside. Unless there is an angle showing this you can only assume that is why he wasnt given offside.

Still cant believe that two footed lunge on Ayling leading up to their 3rd goal didnt get punished!

2 players need to be closer to the line so even if Wade was he would have required another to avoid being offside

so obviously there was ZERO City players between him and the line.

2 players need to be closer to the line

The goal line is not the cut off point for considering whether defenders are playing an attacker onside. If we had players behind the goal line they would have played Done onside. Defenders who have crossed the goal line are still considered active for the purposes of the offside law - as occurred during Euro 2008 - which is a law that not many people know about:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2008/7445476.stm

That said, I don't believe we had 2 players who had crossed the goal line yesterday, which is what would have been required for Done to be onside.

Wade Elliott I think was in the left back position when the cross went in but can no longer been seen when the goal goes in, maybe he was playing him on, devils advocate you understand.

I was looking at that when I saw it on tv,but he was about 4 yards from the goal line,and had no reason to get any closer to it.

Clear offside.

Lets take defeat gracefully and move on. The best team won on the day, we just need to beat Peterborough and go on another decent run.

We were second best on the day, let's move on and get 3 points Tuesday and 7 points clear.

This is an internet forum, a place where discussions take place, on this forum the discussion subject is mainly about football and specifically BCFC, this is what this thread is about and I don't see anything other than sensible discussion. i'm sure you are correct that the best team won, but what most people are saying is it's about the margins and how an unexpected moment set in motion a chain of events that almost certainly changed the outcome of this particular game and that is interesting.

in this case an offside goal (the catalyst), followed by a lapse by a defender and a gung ho moment (very un BCFC for this season) brought about a defeat that probably looked unlikely up until the offside goal, that is how margins, ill judged decisions by players and poor refereeing decisions can change a game and surely worthy of discussion?.

I think because of the results of our closest rivals and the hope and expectation that Tuesday we can move on, this thread has been sensibly discussed.

This is an internet forum, a place where discussions take place, on this forum the discussion subject is mainly about football and specifically BCFC, this is what this thread is about and I don't see anything other than sensible discussion. i'm sure you are correct that the best team won, but what most people are saying is it's about the margins and how an unexpected moment set in motion a chain of events that almost certainly changed the outcome of this particular game and that is interesting.

in this case an offside goal (the catalyst), followed by a lapse by a defender and a gung ho moment (very un BCFC for this season) brought about a defeat that probably looked unlikely up until the offside goal, that is how margins, ill judged decisions by players and poor refereeing decisions can change a game and surely worthy of discussion?.

I think because of the results of our closest rivals and the hope and expectation that Tuesday we can move on, this thread has been sensibly discussed.

Very eloquently put may I say

Very eloquently put may I say

it just seems to me that in the modern game, everything that made me fall in love with BCFC and football in general is gradually being watered down in an attempt to extract the last bit of passion from the game, to chase this PC/prawn sandwich sanitised dream that some people seem determined to turn the game into.

We should love the game because, we see/interpret different things during a game, we like/dislike various players, we hate certain teams (I ******* hate them all, apart from BCFC) and we should be able to do that without somebody giving us a sermon about being good losers.

• Admin

I will also add that the (entirely legal) block on the line to stop JET putting us 2-1 ahead was another fine margin. We may have lost, we may not have even played particularly well, but on another day 1 or 2 of those margins fall our way & we go on to witness a different or the same result. Isn't life grand?

It was offside and annoying. I jumped up and down, said a few choice words at the time and I've now moved on.

SU probably one of the better teams who have come to the Gate. I can't say that about the Preston game.

• Admin

Watching back on the replay there is a chance that Wade Elliott played them onside for the start of the move, he is very deep by the corner flag

Can only assume the ref has deemed Ayling to have touched the ball onto the guy that scored - unless Elliott had played this guy onside too

Watching back on the replay there is a chance that Wade Elliott played them onside for the start of the move, he is very deep by the corner flag

Can only assume the ref has deemed Ayling to have touched the ball onto the guy that scored - unless Elliott had played this guy onside too

Watch out EMB will brand you a devil's advocate.

Unless there is a player who was playing him onside out of picture here is photographic proof it was definitely offside. Not too much sour grapes though. They were the better team on the day and some decisions go against you.

post-2940-0-15449800-1424093835_thumb.jp

Player kicking ball is not goalscorer. He is last player to touch the ball at this moment, before player to the right of him (offside) sticks the ball into the net.

• Admin

Unless there is a player who was playing him onside out of picture here is photographic proof it was definitely offside. Not too much sour grapes though. They were the better team on the day and some decisions go against you.

attachicon.gifOffisde Goal.jpg

Player kicking ball is not goalscorer. He is last player to touch the ball at this moment, before player to the right of him (offside) sticks the ball into the net.

Yeah there is, like I said above Wade Elliott stood still after the cross came in from the right wing reckon he was playing them on for the first pass, and for the ball getting to the scorer it's 50/50 whether Ayling actually touches it

20150216_172051-1_zpsykks8xiv.jpg

Offisde Goal.jpg

With his knee, it looked like from where I was sitting!

attachicon.gifOffisde Goal.jpg

Correct. Just to be a pedant, it would actually require two players out of shot playing him on, as he was in front of the goalie. Agreed, better team on the day won, just one of those things.

Archived