IGNORED

Wade Elliott....time For A Break?

Londoner

To paly devils advocate, we were breaking anyway, 1-0 to 1-1 is not in the assent

I agree with Cotterill, if he hadn't put agard on (for anyone) fans would have moaned that he didn't go for it - we would have been top regardless today, what better time than to 'go for it'?

Let us moan, imo he should have known better. I think Cotts has assembled a great squad and gets us playing some of the best football for a long time, but his substitutions are often ill advised in terms of personnel or timing. It is probably my only criticism of the man.

Let us moan, imo he should have known better. I think Cotts has assembled a great squad and gets us playing some of the best football for a long time, but his substitutions are often ill advised in terms of personnel or timing. It is probably my only criticism of the man.

Yeah, we all have every right to moan, because we didn't take chances and lost... But, if there was a game to take a calculated risk, it was this one

Every player in our squad, bar the untested 1, could probably get into all 23 of the other starting 11's, this was the perfect time to gamble IMO ... Points clear, nothing to lose, I don't think there was an ill advised sub to be made today...

I do get the overall point, generally SC has been reluctant to make subs and has made some strange decisions... They have usually worked up until now and this has built my faith in him

To paly devils advocate, we were breaking anyway, 1-0 to 1-1 is not in the assent

I agree with Cotterill, if he hadn't put agard on (for anyone) fans would have moaned that he didn't go for it - we would have been top regardless today, what better time than to 'go for it'?

I don't agree! Even the most blind of our fans could see we were in a tight game against a good side, opening up the midfield was a poor decision.  We've had a great season so far and SC has got just about everything right, but yesterday he didn't.

Agard did what he does....provides an outlet to run in behind.

Mistake Cotts made wasn't bringing Agard on, but relinquishing the midfield...a midfield 3 of freeman JET and Smith was always going to be a disaster.

Agree, I thought a double sub of either Saville or Pack for Elliott and Agard for JET would have made most sense.

With the results around us going so well no harm was done, but I'd like to see us freshen it up on Tuesday with 3 changes.

I don't agree! Even the most blind of our fans could see we were in a tight game against a good side, opening up the midfield was a poor decision.  We've had a great season so far and SC has got just about everything right, but yesterday he didn't.

Agree. As you say, we can't complain too much at all, can anyone else remember the last time that our manager made a substitution/formation change which contributed to a defeat? I can't.

Archived