IGNORED

Forever Bristol Membership

Turbored

Don't know if anyone else now is starting to think like me but I am getting a feeling that buying the membership was just a total waste of money and feeling ripped off.

The so called priority tickets in particular the Wembley trip coming up will now no longer really be priority as by the time they go on sale to members more than likely the only tickets that will be left available will be the ones with the gods in the upper tier that wont sell out anyway. BCFC have now upped the limit to season ticket holders to four per season ticket so probably all that will be left will be the dregs , as we have 9K season ticket holders times by 4 = 36k . OK I know that a lot of people wont buy 4 but a lot will and it will end up that the genuine fans lose out to peoples mates /family that never attend games at home let alone away.
You may say then you should of bought a season ticket well i was alawys a season ticket holder for years until my job changed and now i can only attend saturday games so its not cost effective , even more so if we get promoted due to the international breaks.

If i cant get a ticket for Wembley on the lower tier then i wont go as i have been before to Wembley and if your on the upper tier and with my eyes you cant see a blinking thing just dots running around and also there is no atmosphere up there. So probably down the pub for me but i hope not...

Also i just realised members are supposed to get discount on tickets but i never have so i guess i will have to chase that up with the ticket office.

Personally expect season ticket holders to purchase around 15-20k of the tickets but certainly not 36k worth.

I do think they will sell out the family and singing section however.

Level 2 is the best and only place to watch at Wembley for me. Being a Gold member already at Wembley I fortunately don't need to worry about buying tickets for this game as already have 2 with my Club Wembley membership.

I would be surprised if every single season ticket holder a) goes to Wembley and b) buys 4 tickets!!

Well there was a whole thread of people saying they weren't going to go for fear of being infected by some sort of "plastics disease" or something, so I am sure there will be plenty left.

Load of rubbish membership.

I'm not a ST holder or this other rubbish membership.

I'll just ride out this period where we have a load of hangers on. They'll all disappear again when things aren't going so well next season.

I never fell for the Forever membership rubbish.

Load of rubbish membership.

I'm not a ST holder or this other rubbish membership.

I'll just ride out this period where we have a load of hangers on. They'll all disappear again when things aren't going so well next season.

I never fell for the Forever membership rubbish.

Yeah, what a load of rubbish, a membership that gets you priority on key games AND gives you a fiver discount on matchday tickets and therefore pays back in only 4 games.

You're right, you should just "ride out" the opportunity to guarantee yourself tickets and save money, and wait until it's over.

What an utterly ridiculous stance on a very reasonable scheme.

As for the original poster, well if you were buying membership solely for Wembley then it doesn't represent great value. But nonetheless it still gives you a level of priority over general sale, will therefore enable you to secure a better seat - and there is no way every STH will buy four each. The terms of the scheme are clear and you knew what you were buying. You were never promised the best seats in the house. You are getting both the priority and the discounts you were promised. Put it this way, I don't think Anne Robinson will be investigating your case any time soon.

I'v got a membership,used it many times this season,saved me cash,and as far as the jpt goes,as long as i get 2 seats together,i don't care where i sit,even in the walsall end! :laugh:.

Same here. It's saving me money and I am sat here knowing I will be going to Wembley despite not being a STH. I didn't have that assurance back in 2008.

Personally I bought a membership because I saw it as my best shout of getting a ticket for home games later in the season (Swindon and Walsall mostly). The fact that I'm saving money on games and in the shop is a bonus.

I was surprised it was as many tickets as 4 for season ticket holders but I can't see them all buying 4 and there is always the possibility that Walsall won't take up more tickets and more space will be available for city anyway.

Sorry if anyone can help regarding this, trying to book a Rochdale ticket, do I need to phone up to apply discount for bristol forever? Also with regards to merchandise discount do I physically need to go in the club shop? Thanks in advance!

You definitely need to phone up if you want your discount otherwise you get charged full price. I phoned yesterday and was told that but next season when they get the new system it will link in when buying online.

Don't know if anyone else now is starting to think like me but I am getting a feeling that buying the membership was just a total waste of money and feeling ripped off.

The so called priority tickets in particular the Wembley trip coming up will now no longer really be priority as by the time they go on sale to members more than likely the only tickets that will be left available will be the ones with the gods in the upper tier that wont sell out anyway. BCFC have now upped the limit to season ticket holders to four per season ticket so probably all that will be left will be the dregs , as we have 9K season ticket holders times by 4 = 36k . OK I know that a lot of people wont buy 4 but a lot will and it will end up that the genuine fans lose out to peoples mates /family that never attend games at home let alone away.

You may say then you should of bought a season ticket well i was alawys a season ticket holder for years until my job changed and now i can only attend saturday games so its not cost effective , even more so if we get promoted due to the international breaks.

If i cant get a ticket for Wembley on the lower tier then i wont go as i have been before to Wembley and if your on the upper tier and with my eyes you cant see a blinking thing just dots running around and also there is no atmosphere up there. So probably down the pub for me but i hope not...

Also i just realised members are supposed to get discount on tickets but i never have so i guess i will have to chase that up with the ticket off

Should have gone to spec savers? Or maybe join the majority and get a mate to get you tickets!

Archived