IGNORED

Your Winding Me Up David Lloyd

Between heaven and hell

Why Mr David Lloyd do you have to say to the players who make the kids presentations before the game

WE REALY APPRECIATE YOU SPARRING THE TIME

Christ these people are paid a lot of money by the club if their not in the squad they should be engaging with fans and groups at every opportunity especially on match days.

When I go to work tomorrow I wonder if my boss will say that he appreciates me making the time to get there!

Please stop saying it as it is getting to me big time

Yours

Grumpy old man

Why Mr David Lloyd do you have to say to the players who make the kids presentations before the game

Christ these people are paid a lot of money by the club if their not in the squad they should be engaging with fans and groups at every opportunity especially on match days.

When I go to work tomorrow I wonder if my boss will say that he appreciates me making the time to get there!

Yours

Grumpy old man

Do you not get any thanks when you do a good job at work?

Yours

Grumpy old man

Honestly Grumps, making me out to be a man you know I appreciate you

boss_zpsutcaevdy.jpg

Be sure to be early and we will try and sort out this little problem ;) ;) ;)

no, im just pointing out how ridiculous you are being in looking for something to complain. That or you have been doing these posts with a great deal of irony and im having a whoosh moment

No whoosh moment for you just me being ridiculous.

I forgot that they shouldn't have to do anything if they're not playing football, sorry again my mistake.

Thanks for sparring the time to quote very much appreciated

Yours

Grumpy old man

Have you had your nap today...?

I totally agree with the OP. All this sucking up to professional footballers makes me sick. For a start, I would ban this cheering after a goal lark, I mean, it's their job FFS, nobody cheers me when  I successfully answer/delete the several million emails a day I get.

We are beginning to get this problem over at The Mem lately. For several seasons now, we have been doing no cheering whatsoever, but recently there has been clapping ,cheering and yes even smiling going on during matches and it has to stop, it sets a bad example to young men, and before you know it they will all be growing their hair and voting for the Green Party.

Speaking as a dad of somebody who was "capped" this season, I have absolutely no problem with him thanking the players. Matt Smith and Wade Elliott are now heroes to my youngest's big brother (who also got to be there on the day). Yes they're paid oodles compared to most of us (me included, more's the pity) - but the two of them did FAR more than go through the motions for us and it is only common courtesy to thank them for that

Speaking as a dad of somebody who was "capped" this season, I have absolutely no problem with him thanking the players. Matt Smith and Wade Elliott are now heroes to my youngest's big brother (who also got to be there on the day). Yes they're paid oodles compared to most of us (me included, more's the pity) - but the two of them did FAR more than go through the motions for us and it is only common courtesy to thank them for that

Did either of them thank the fans?, common courtesy works both ways.

Did either of them thank the fans?, common courtesy works both ways.

My youngest was a bit overhwelmed, so they were quite gentle with him, squatting down to get to his level... but they spent a few minutes with my older son talking to him about how often he came and remarking how great it was to 'hear you and all the other fans cheering us on'. He's been noticably louder in joining in with songs and chants ever since, and he wasn't exactly quiet about it before!

I think those two particular players have always been extremely courteous to the fans.

I can't say the same for some in the squad.

i'm sure they are, my point was it seems to be expected as a given that fans/DL thank players but not the other way.

I suppose what i'm saying is a mere "thanks lad's" (without the embellishment about 'sparing the time') is enough IMO, followed up by a players acknowledgement of "it's our privilege", job done.

My youngest was a bit overhwelmed, so they were quite gentle with him, squatting down to get to his level... but they spent a few minutes with my older son talking to him about how often he came and remarking how great it was to 'hear you and all the other fans cheering us on'. He's been noticably louder in joining in with songs and chants ever since, and he wasn't exactly quiet about it before!

Many moons ago I paid for my grandson to be a mascot for a home game, the players and staff were fantastic, the organisation was absolutely appalling and money grabbing. 

My grandson and I never got to have any of the meal (pre match) because they were 30 minutes late in opening up, they never had a kit (that was paid for) that fitted him, it eventually arrived in the middle of the summer some 3 months later, I suggested before it arrived that they compensate him by letting him have the new seasons kit, which they did have in his size and they flatly refused, I was less than impressed.

Archived