IGNORED

Back Up Striker

Major Isewater

I don't think Burns is the answer yet. He's not quite good/experienced enough to be useful at top end league 1, would probably be bad for his development.

I'm sure we've got some options, would be very surprised if we go with just the 3 strikers to ensure promotion.

Who are the 3 strikers?.. Agard is technically a winger and JET for me just isnt an out and out striker.. We need to get someone in on loan when Smith goes back, we dont want to fall short of our target. Learn from our mistakes in the championship under GJ, he tried to cross the line with what he had and it didnt work.. We need another frontman in.

Who are the 3 strikers?.. Agard is technically a winger and JET for me just isnt an out and out striker.. We need to get someone in on loan when Smith goes back, we dont want to fall short of our target. Learn from our mistakes in the championship under GJ, he tried to cross the line with what he had and it didnt work.. We need another frontman in.

Agard a winger? Have I missed something?

Spot on, the jury is still out on Agard and he did play mostly on the right hand side of a front 3 for Rotherham, for me his close control is often not good enough for him to play well as a central striker.

Agard scored 26 last season, Rotherham may have played a different formation to us but he is obviously a striker.

Likewise JET scored 21 times last season, so provided Wilbraham returns we'll be much stronger than we were at the end of our last two promotion seasons at this level when Enoch and Jevons and Sean McCarthy and Colin Cramb saw us over the line.

Personally though I'd still bring in a 4th striker, even a journeyman like Jabo Ibehre when Matt Smith goes back next month.

Anyone see Burns goal v Burton Albion a couple of weeks ago? Real quality goal. Grabbed an assist on the weekend as well. Whilst I'd prefer a proven goalscorer in on loan when Smith goes, Burns would still be good enough back up for us if needed

Would certainly give us energy and a bit of unpredictability as a sub late on against tired defences.

Can we depend on Wilbraham being match fit when Smith leaves? Highly unlikely, which means we'll only have Agaard and Jet. However, I've got fath in Cotts, as he's brought in the right loan players at the right time in the past.

Archived