IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Peterborough United Match Day Thread

MK win, so the important stat is 7 clear of third.

Start of the season I thought this little run of 4, including MK, Sheff Utd and P'boro looked tough. By winning what turned out the two easier ones, we have come out of it with 7 points from 4. That will actually do I would have thought from here on in. 

Throw the points on to the pile. Five of the next six all away, but all in their way look winnable. A minor 21 points clear of 7th.

On to Colchester!

Edited by cityexile

Annoying in a way that MK won, but does further underline Colchester's awful home form; 7 lost out of the last 8 league games.

I'd suggest that when you look at the teams who've gone there and got maximum points, we really must be aiming for three on the weekend.

Agreed. More points we can get on board before April the better. We have 6 top ten sides left to play - five of them in April. Would take 4 against Colchester and Donny.

Good effort tonight well done onwards and upwards!!

Two away games next up that might extend our lead, Colchester are struggling and need the points, but we should have too much for them, hopefully, Donny are poorish at home and are a tougher team away, struggle to score at home so we could nick 'em both .

Hopefully the Sheff U result was the blip that reminded the team that we have to work and concentrate in the run in.

Happy Days. 

Edited by ten minutes of rough

Just showing how potty the league is - Scunny, in 18th, go one up, and as things stand are 3 points outside the top six with a game in hand!

Sounding a bit flat now, with them having a little more of the ball. Not troubled, yet. Just keep concentrating boys.

It's because there's three miles ahead at the top, all the rest of the points are sort of shared around.....well, I know what I mean ! :grr:

Query for those who were there - was it as boring as Rafio Drivel made it sound?

Not at all. I could watch City dominating a game like tonight anytime.

We were superior in every part of the field - admittedly against a poor Posh side.

Very different to the excellent Sheff U last Saturday, who I think will win the play-offs easily (they won again tonight).

• Like 1

Query for those who were there - was it as boring as Rafio Drivel made it sound?

Think it's fair to say it wasn't a game that will live long in the memory.

The whole team played well though and as it didn't seem our goal was ever under serious threat it was actually very relaxing for once. Plus we had a couple of goals to celebrate.

All in all a pleasant night out at Ashton Gate really, if a bit nippy.

Would like to have seen more of Jet, he was stripped off on the line ready to come on and the ball didn't go out of play for about 5 minutes!

After both games against them, I am left wondering how the Ferguson Jr remains in a job. They played like a side trying to keep the score down from the minute we scored, I will be amazed if MK don't tear them a new one on Saturday. They seem to revel in making a point of trying to thrash teams, which to my mind is wasted effort.

As for us, it's all about game management and energy conservation, for such a young side we show so much maturity, we didn't need to get into third gear even, so we didn't, we won it at a canter and looked as fresh at the end as the beginning.

I am so glad, we didn't rest Joe, (as per my suggestion on another thread), compared to Saturday he was an absolute revelation. I thought Pack was excellent for 70 minutes, but needs to get out of the habit of turning towards the defence as he did in the last 20. i would have no qualms with him starting Saturday though. I expect another comfortable win there too.

• Like 1