IGNORED

Bcfc Deaf Thrash Man U Deaf (Merged)

EstoniaTallinnRed

As stated in the thread before it was locked the team could do with some recognition, I suppose locking the thread will not help this, if the mods think that some of the comments were not helpful then perhaps other actions (warnings) could have been taken instead of locking the thing.

Personally I think it's a great story, and different from the 'norm.

As stated in the thread before it was locked the team could do with some recognition, I suppose locking the thread will not help this, if the mods think that some of the comments were not helpful then perhaps other actions (warnings) could have been taken instead of locking the thing.

Thanks TMR  i was surprised when I found it was locked as I wanted to make the comment that nobody had suggested  or asked where they played and how much if any are the club involved or even how can we support them.

Are the club involved? Why are they called BCFC if not?

Seems a much better team to support than a bunch of fans on a piss up abroad.

Yes and if you look at the team photo, you will see they are wearing the latest shirt.  So to what extent are the club or Bristol Sport involved, does anybody know more?

• Admin

Have reopened the thread and Merged the two together.

People don't listen to warnings, and it's damned if you do and damned if you don't!

(Reading the posts above back says more about the poster)

Let's try to keep this about the team, and not continuing about picking fault with each others posts!

Have reopened the thread and Merged the two together.

People don't listen to warnings, and it's damned if you do and damned if you don't!

(Reading the posts above back says more about the poster)

Let's try to keep this about the team, and not continuing about picking fault with each others posts!

Well done. why threads have to turn into slanging matches I don't understand.  Lets just try and find out how this team can be helped.  If i was still living in Bristol I would.

Just wondering what does the ref use instead of a whistle?

Back in the 70s I played against Bristol Deaf in the District League and the ref waved a hankerchief for the deaf but also used a whistle for us.

Problem was that I played up front and was and was a bit quick and often outstripped the defence, only for the ref to blow for offside and also wave his hankie. Unfortunately the chasing defender couldn't see the hankie and as I pulled up thought he had caught me and whacked me from behind ( still allowed back then). Funny thing was the deaf guys swore like troopers, but it didn't sound like they were, if you know what I mean.

Happy days!

Happy days!

This is a true story and not meant as a joke, but I used to play against a deaf skittle team at Bristol Deaf Club, and all the staff as well as members were obviously deaf, but they had telephones behind the bar with red lights on, which flashed when they rang. Brilliant idea, but I never did find out what would be the point of them answering the damn thing.

This is a true story and not meant as a joke, but I used to play against a deaf skittle team at Bristol Deaf Club, and all the staff as well as members were obviously deaf, but they had telephones behind the bar with red lights on, which flashed when they rang. Brilliant idea, but I never did find out what would be the point of them answering the damn thing.

:laughcont:

Thrashed them 5 - 0 to reach the semis of the English Deaf Cup !    I never heard of this team, has anybody else?  Either way well done.       http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-Deaf-Manchester-United-Deaf-style/story-26041538-detail/story.html?ito=email_newsletter_bristolpost

YES, but there not talked about much only joking I wish them all the best and hope they go on and win the Cup.

Something like this sketch from the Not The Nine O'Clock News team I would guess:

http://youtu.be/L7L3iSZsNpY

Archived