IGNORED

Bcfc Deaf Thrash Man U Deaf (Merged)

EstoniaTallinnRed

Thrashed them 5 - 0 to reach the semis of the English Deaf Cup !    I never heard of this team, has anybody else?  Either way well done.       http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-Deaf-Manchester-United-Deaf-style/story-26041538-detail/story.html?ito=email_newsletter_bristolpost

He said: "They are self-funded and raising money to travel for cup games is a bit of a struggle. They have done so well, I thought they could do with getting some recognition.

"Manchester United had a proper team coach and driver provided by the club and their players and officialsicon1.png all turned up in smart tracksuits.

Surely the club could help them out more??

Referee guidance:

Before the match, always ask the deaf young person how they would like you to communicate with them. Deaf people use different communication methods, so make sure to ask them about their preferred method.

During the match, have a brightly coloured flag or bib on the pitch which you can use to signify a stoppage in play. Also ask your assistants to raise their flags when the whistle is blown, along with getting coaches, team managers and even opposition players to raise their hand when the game stops.

Read more at http://www.surreyfa.com/news/2012/jul/deaf-players#gttTKZeHJxVgDmhk.99

Its funny how its seems acceptable to make fun of deaf people. Would it be allowed on this site to poke fun at BCFC disability team ,I suspect not. Just an observation.

I agree. Whilst there is no malice the jokes or puns thus far are (imo) pretty tired and on the edge of the razor.

Not really different to a few years back when a few absolute planks decided to sing 'Can you hear us Holloway?' which was roundly disapproved of on here by many.  

Shame it's them down the road but I'd love to see more professional deaf sportsmen/women.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/9900808/Bath-flanker-Mat-Gilbert-I-may-be-deaf-but-I-know-how-to-survive-on-the-rugby-field.html

Apparently only one in the country, props to him. Would also be a good excuse to off lightly with the ref. O:-)

Its funny how its seems acceptable to make fun of deaf people. Would it be allowed on this site to poke fun at BCFC disability team ,I suspect not. Just an observation.

Are you deaf? If not, please do a Foxtrot Oscar. I am deaf, and it varies from being a mild nuisance to a major social handicap. I'm happy to joke about it and I'm happy to have it joked about.

Too many people are too ready to be offended on others' behalf. As my old mother used to say "the one thing you'll find wherever you look for it is offence".

Are you deaf? If not, please do a Foxtrot Oscar. I am deaf, and it varies from being a mild nuisance to a major social handicap. I'm happy to joke about it and I'm happy to have it joked about.

Too many people are too ready to be offended on others' behalf. As my old mother used to say "the one thing you'll find wherever you look for it is offence".

Edit

I am too, but any jokes need to be funny. "What" and "half past one" are just tired, insulting and unfunny. "Hear, hear" in response to a post complaining about poking fun at deaf people is hilarious, it's a fine line but that is a truly clever and funny post.

As you are deaf please do speak on behalf of everyone who must share your moral compass.

I mean, I'm not black and I'm deeply offended by what occurred in Paris, but if Jesse James says it's okay I ought to abide by his moral compass.

Me, I am not deaf. But I won't be dictated at by someone who may be in a class which is the pun of the joke as to whether I can find something bad taste.

Just because it's ok for one doesn't mean it's ok by everyone, I'm not deaf but I am disabled and in my opinion he does have a point as far too often the words Spastic, person I disagree with etc are commonly used to put down someone, words that for a long time have been used to demean those less able than the one using said words, a lot of the time being used without knowing the actual meaning.

Or maybe you find that funny too!

Also if what you say about "ready to be offended on others behalf" how does that sit with you regard white people being rightly offended by racism of other races!

Just because it's ok for one doesn't mean it's ok by everyone, I'm not deaf but I am disabled and in my opinion he does have a point as far too often the words Spastic, person I disagree with etc are commonly used to put down someone, words that for a long time have been used to demean those less able than the one using said words, a lot of the time being used without knowing the actual meaning.

Or maybe you find that funny too!

Also if what you say about "ready to be offended on others behalf" how does that sit with you regard white people being rightly offended by racism of other races!

Yes, that's where it ends, but where does it start? If I call a park keeper a Liitle Hitler am I denying the Holocaust?

It seems to me that some people are looking for offence more or less in the manner of a train spotter or butterfly hunter. "Oo look - I've found a rare specimen".

No I'm not deaf but I do sign. I also spend a lot of time around deaf people . It just becomes tedious and boring when people comes out with such witty replies such as "what".

Not offended and I know lots of deaf people with sense if humour who do laugh and joke about their disability but I felt this thread was quickly deteriorating in to just micky taking.

Archived