IGNORED

Filming Racist Fans

And Its Smith

Depends on the situation really. Went to watch Southend Vs Plymouth couple years back, (got a few Argyle mates and they were offering free travel) before the coach set off after the game some absolute pillocks at the back of my coach thought it'd be a good idea to point out two 15-16 year old lads before directing heaps of abuse and monkey gestures at them. Thoroughly uncomofrtable experience to be in and what was worse was the acceptance of the rest of the coach, not sure how many others had seen but I'm sure they did.

What I'm trying to get at is the difficulty in how you confront them, I'm talking a group of 4 men, pissed up and dressed like they're from green street. There I am an 18 year old lad, no way I was going to say anything and I admit that, thinking back filming them would have been absolutely ideal, until I was caught anyway! A letter I sent to Argyle after and the issue wasn't really dealt with, we talk about it needing to stop but no ones proactively taking it by the scruff of the neck, it's sad that someone can give out racial abuse in a stadium or any public environment and get away with it.

This is a good answer. Well done pal.

All due respect mate, doesn't answer my question. Question was IF one of your mates made a racist remark during the game, would you film it and turn them in?

Like i said, my mates wouldn't. Not in a million years. But 'IF' they did, see Steve Watts' response above...

Id get someone else to film it, then while there filming it id knock the racist **** out

Yeah, unless some inconsiderate vapor clouded yer judgement.. Careful you don't snap someone's Biro by mistake, they're just inkers not stinkers..

Better to film the bigots in the act, post on YouTube and hand over video evidence to police etc.. (If someone had whacked them t w ATS in Paris, nothing would have happened except maybe the vigilante getting done and the 'innocent' assault victim's getting compesation.. thanks to that amateur footage they've been publicly shamed (globally) and will get whats due to them criminally and from the footballing world too.

Yeah, unless some inconsiderate vapor clouded yer judgement.. Careful you don't snap someone's Biro by mistake, they're just inkers not stinkers..

Better to film the bigots in the act, post on YouTube and hand over video evidence to police etc.. (If someone had whacked them t w ATS in Paris, nothing would have happened except maybe the vigilante getting done and the 'innocent' assault victim's getting compesation.. thanks to that amateur footage they've been publicly shamed (globally) and will get whats due to them criminally and from the footballing world too.

:laugh:. I like that, inkers not stinkers. Your right in what you say and I hope they do get whats coming to them

Archived