IGNORED

Vaping, Or Whatever It's Called

42nite

• Admin

Before leaving the forum DaveL confirmed their use at AG is permitted but I still try to be considerate to those around me & head to the edge of the building site to use mine before the game & go outside at halftime.

The smoking ban conditioned me to not use it during play.

A steward told me I wasn't allowed to vape before KO at the Sheffield United game. I told him he was mistaken, and he buggered off.

I also vape at my desk at work, on planes, on buses, in bars, in restaurants and anywhere else it takes my fancy.

Lad

A steward told me I wasn't allowed to vape before KO at the Sheffield United game. I told him he was mistaken, and he buggered off.

I also vape at my desk at work, on planes, on buses, in bars, in restaurants and anywhere else it takes my fancy.

Yep all though the planes are a little hit and miss, some carriers don't mind and others throw their toys out 

Are they smelly? I never noticed tbh. I thought all that was given off was water vapour?

If they help to wean people off cigarettes then they are surely a good thing?

some smell yes but its a million times better the fag smoke, and you don't stink like a bonfire after being round some people who vape,

some smell yes but its a million times better the fag smoke, and you don't stink like a bonfire after being round some people who vape,

Don't smoke (apart from bed-wetting, it's the only bad habit I've kicked ;) ), can't stand fag smoke in enclosed areas, but have no problem with vaping.

I vape. Got me off a 25 year packet a day habit. That said I stealth vape in the ground and go outside at half time. Consideration for others.

Do you think that is because you got so used to being treated as an outcast as a smoker?

I don't leave my seat to vape at half time because I see no justification for me to do so.

I'm a vegetarian, should I expect someone sitting next to me to move to eat their pie or drink their Bovril?

Question for the people that used to smoke and now vape... 

Do you see vaping as the next stage to you giving up completely? or do you think you will just always vape as an alternative?

Quitting the vape would be incredibly difficult I would imagine. I have no plans to give it up because I enjoy it so much. And I'm a hopeless addict.

Do you know that these eCigs besides containing Nicotine contain Propylene Glycol which is an active ingredient in Anti Freeze.   I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to inhale this chemical.   I quit smoking 40 years ago using just will power and extra strong mints and personally I think that these eCigs are great if you intend to give up smoking fags altogether and are just used to wean you off the habit.  But the main problem with these eCigs is there is no control over what is inside, so in effect you don't know what you are inhaling.   Research is being done both in the UK and the USA into their safety, but again the problem is that as far as we know,  do all manufacturers have the same ingredients?  Only time will tell.

Question for the people that used to smoke and now vape... 

Do you see vaping as the next stage to you giving up completely? or do you think you will just always vape as an alternative?

A recommendation from Sir Colby on here last April encouraged me to try vaping, and I haven't had a fag since.

As you're on this thread, many thanks Sir Colby. :thumbsup:

My plan now is to continue vaping and I'd recommend it to any smoker. I only hope the media's fixation with 'smoking'  and bans doesn't lead to vaping being villified by loose association, thereby it becoming less socially unacceptable. It needs to become more so, if anything.

We also have to hope that a reason isn't conjured up to pile taxation on to vaping for no other reason than to make up for lost revenue from the millions of ex-smokers who have switched.

Have you been reading the daily mail? Propylene Glycol is not diacetyl which is found in anti freeze.

No researching the internet. Studies in the USA have found this substance in eCigs, the problem also is that probably most of these eCigs are made in China.  So what control is there, probably none.

Archived