IGNORED

Trains To Wembley

Cider-in-a-can

• Admin

What time trains every one getting

Also does anyone know if it goes via temple meads - parkway or other way round or is it 2 separate routes ??

Can only assume

a - You don't travel from Bristol to London on the train?

b - You have never been on a train when City are in a major final ?

There will be THOUSANDS of people travelling on the day

Temple Meads and Parkway will have a queing system in place for people heading to London - so don't assume that if you have a reservation or planned train that you will get on it !!

Parkway and Temple Meads are on DIFFERENT routes to London

For times have a look here www.nationalrail.co.uk

Also does anyone know if it goes via temple meads - parkway or other way round or is it 2 separate routes ??

Temple meads to paddington will go via bath and chippenham to swindon then onto paddington

Parkway will be direct to swindon then on to paddington and will be the quicker of the two routes,

Both may call at didcot and reading

Can only assume

a - You don't travel from Bristol to London on the train?

b - You have never been on a train when City are in a major final ?

There will be THOUSANDS of people travelling on the day

Temple Meads and Parkway will have a queing system in place for people heading to London - so don't assume that if you have a reservation or planned train that you will get on it !!

Parkway and Temple Meads are on DIFFERENT routes to London

For times have a look here www.nationalrail.co.uk

Went on cats last time was at wembley never again worst mistake of my life and drove last 2 times was at the millennium hope that's ok with you

Temple meads to paddington will go via bath and chippenham to swindon then onto paddington

Parkway will be direct to swindon then on to paddington and will be the quicker of the two routes,

Thank you was only asking because tickets bought from parkway and couple friends was gonna go from tm think had to call through parkway thanks

Both may call at didcot and reading

Thanks was asking beacause bought tickets from parkway and had couple of friends going from TM thinking called through parkway thanks

you can get a sprinter from Temple meads to parkway but will have to go through lawrence hill, Stapleton road and filton abbey wood before coming round abbey jn into parkway itself,

When ever I travel to london I always go from parrkway as its easier to park and a quicker journey,

But as Phantom points out their will be a queuing system in place, if I were going by train I'd aim to leave bristol between 8 and 9 and then find the spoons near baker st

you can get a sprinter from Temple meads to parkway but will have to go through lawrence hill, Stapleton road and filton abbey wood before coming round abbey jn into parkway itself,

When ever I travel to london I always go from parrkway as its easier to park and a quicker journey,

But as Phantom points out their will be a queuing system in place, if I were going by train I'd aim to leave bristol between 8 and 9 and then find the spoons near baker st

Probably shouldn't say this, because I might need to do it myself if we get a serious game at Wembley. The best bets are either to get a train from Filton Abbey Wood or Parson Street to Parkway, where you'll end up on the same platform as the London train, or to travel to Newport and pick up the train there. No queuing, no police.

I've done both for Wembley finals, and panic totally averted.

We are going to avoid the inevitable crowding on trains from Bristol by driving to High Wycombe, then getting the Chiltern Line service from there direct to Wembley Stadium station.

Two possible snags with that - 1)Also likely to be engineering works on Sunday on that line and b) there might be quite a few Walsall fans using that line.

Not that we mind mixing with Walsall but again it could be crowded, although there are very frequent trains on that line.

We are going to avoid the inevitable crowding on trains from Bristol by driving to High Wycombe, then getting the Chiltern Line service from there direct to Wembley Stadium station.

Two possible snags with that - 1)Also likely to be engineering works on Sunday on that line and b) there might be quite a few Walsall fans using that line.

Not that we mind mixing with Walsall but again it could be crowded, although there are very frequent trains on that line.

There are engineering works on the line. The good news for you is it is from north of High Wycombe so trains are running pretty much as normal between there and London.

You'll be better off going to Amersham and getting the underground service to Wembley.. 20min or so

Will probably be even worse getting back as everyone will be leaving at the same time. Unless extra trains are put on there are probably only 10-15 trains that evening/night for fans to get (including a couple after midnight) and if there is extra time/penalties there will be even less.

Parkway myself! Booked the 9:50am due to price, but really want to get on the one before if I'm honest for a bit more pub time...risky!

Any idea what's deal when get to paddington is it best to get underground or what ? Hope can follow somebody who's got a rough idea

Yeah, tube can take you straight to Wembley or near it if you're planning on drinking. Its easy enough mate!

Plus there's gonna be thousands of other city fans around you who'll know where they're going, just make sure you get a day travel card for the tube and you'll be alright.

• Admin

Probably shouldn't say this, because I might need to do it myself if we get a serious game at Wembley. The best bets are either to get a train from Filton Abbey Wood or Parson Street to Parkway, where you'll end up on the same platform as the London train, or to travel to Newport and pick up the train there. No queuing, no police.

I've done both for Wembley finals, and panic totally averted.

Have a look at the first trains on a Sunday

Late afternoon from Parson Street

Late morning from Abbey wood

Archived