IGNORED

Retailiating To A Tackle

Antman

I can understand a reaction of a bad tackle.  I've torn my ligament twice in my left knee, and my god its painful.  The rehab for that injury is a long process, and I understand why someone would be upset, however, it is in the rules that you can't react like that.  Hopefully the appeal process will do its job.

Martin Atkinson says he saw the tackle and didn't think there was anything wrong with it. :o :o :o

Well I would suggest he takes a trip to Specsavers, or gives up refereeing, if he can't see that could have been a career ender.

Horrific tackle and should have been punished at the time or with retrospective action.

I have posted this before but it is one of my favourite things in football.

Back in the 70's the City were away to West Brom and there was "an incident"  between Citys John Emmanuel and WBA's Willie Johnston. This was pretty much word for word what the report in one of nationals said.

"Emmanuel took the ball from Johnston in a hard but fair tackle. Johnston seemed incensed and chased after Emmanuel punching him several times in the back. When Johnston came round the referee sent them both off" !

I always loved the fact that this report left out the right hook with which Emmanuel knocked Johnston out. It was a beauty :)

Martin Atkinson says he saw the tackle and didn't think there was anything wrong with it. :o :o :o

Well I would suggest he takes a trip to Specsavers, or gives up refereeing, if he can't see that could have been a career ender.

Horrific tackle and should have been punished at the time or with retrospective action.

He saw it once and to be fair nobody who saw it the first time and at normal speed thought it was bad, in fact if you look at it every Chelsea player turns away and they only react after Matic reacts, which suggests they didn't think it was bad at the time, it took several views and slow motion before the horror of it became apparent.

He can only give it if he sees it, he dealt with it as he saw it, it's the league rules that are the actual villain here not allowing retrospective action on an incident deemed to have dealt with.

of course if you actually saw and called it at normal speed, then you should enrol as either a referee or Superman's stunt double.

Not one bit of favouritism there was there?, firstly no mention of the reaction by Ivanovich, so I assume he condones that type of WWE embellishment and secondly he didn't mention whether his view was from high up, because if it was he had a completely different view to the referee.

Imagine the outrage had the black guy on the Paris metro had gone down like Ivanovich with an audible scream, a triple roll and then jumped back up once the metro had pulled out of the station.

Just putting an experienced ex pro and commentators view on it. Bevin does say he was sat at the back of the East stand a fair way up so had a good if distant view, certainly a chelsea flavour to it but thought it a good piece from a man who actually played top class football( from an era when there wasn't so much theatricals)

Imagine the hysteria on here if nathen Thompson goes through freeman like that when we play Swindon.

Archived