IGNORED

England / Bristol City

RedM

Although I follow England and watch them when they play it has only really hit me today that they are really not THAT important to me. Last night I was a bit upset as it was France that beat us and it was so late. But today it doesn't matter so much.

2 weeks ago we were at the Mill Stad. That defeat hurt loads more, and it still does. I must be mad but I would rather watch City than England ;) Maybe I've had too much sun today?!

Aint English so it dont matter, BUT that bloody defeat STILL p***** me off.

And another bloody season in Coca Cola Division 1 or whatever it is this week!!!

Roll on the Season eh?? Tip for the bananaskin this season? Torquay and Donny Rovers..gotta be aint they, small clubs..you know it!!

Guest Father Dougal

I always get the feeling that there are two sets of supporters - those like us who follow their club to the ends of the earth and then, England fans who (perhaps) don't do anything except wait around for pre- tournament friendlies, warm-up matches

and then take a month off work for the World Cup. I agree, I can't get worked

up as to whether Frank Lampard is at the back of the diamond or in a 4-4-2.

I haven't spent £300 over 8 months watching him, and I'm more interested in the fate of our own midfield next season and our chances of getting promoted. Still, these Euro games can be exciting, especially watching the frustration on Wayne Rooney's face; knowing that he's absolutely barred from laying one right on the

chin of Lizarazu and laying him flat on his back. The agony of it!

England doesnt matter to me half as much as City does and to be sat in a room full of people who are crazy about England (as well as City) last night made me really think is there something wrong with me ^_^

I still get a sinking feeling when i think back to the 30th May and last night the defeat really didnt bother me that much.

I still get chills everytime i see Tommy leading my boys out that tunnel and sorry but David Beckham doesnt have the same effect.

Of course i want England to do well but if i had to choose - City would win hands down and there would be absolutely no contest ;)

England doesnt matter to me half as much as City does and to be sat in a room full of people who are crazy about England (as well as City) last night made me really think is there something wrong with me ^_^

I still get a sinking feeling when i think back to the 30th May and last night the defeat really didnt bother me that much.

I still get chills everytime i see Tommy leading my boys out that tunnel and sorry but David Beckham doesnt have the same effect.

Of course i want England to do well but if i had to choose - City would win hands down and there would be absolutely no contest ;)

I just wish "Tommy and the boys would give you what you deserve - Success, I'm still irate we didn't even try in that final and was very proud of England last night - though we had alot of Muppets in the closing stages.

I just wish "Tommy and the boys would give you what you deserve - Success, I'm still irate we didn't even try in that final and was very proud of England last night - though we had alot of Muppets in the closing stages.
Me too. But we have to earn our right to enter the next division up (sorry whats it called again) ;)

We have no divine right to anything and when we do get promoted it will because we deserved it... No more of this "We're a big club, we should be in a higher division" We'll be there when we've earnt it.... however long it may take ^_^

Me too. But we have to earn our right to enter the next division up (sorry whats it called again) ;)

We have no divine right to anything and when we do get promoted it will because we deserved it... No more of this "We're a big club, we should be in a higher division" We'll be there when we've earnt it.... however long it may take ;)

Yes, we dont deserve to be any higher, but what we did have - WAS THE BETTER PLAYERS, who didn't perform, and if they had of performed, we'd all be planning our trips to Leeds, Sunderland, West Ham, Leicester, Derby and Wolves next year, as it is, we're stuck with Doncaster, Torquay and Chesterfield ^_^

Players that are good enough but under perform annoy me - If we had finished 6th and performed like that, i could of Kind of understood it!

Yeah I agree.

I think the big thing is that I don't really pay any attention to the Premiership, so when it comes to England I don't really know all that much about half of the players and often get confused as to what is going on with them.

I do want England to win Euro 2004 obviously and would love it if they did, but I doubt I will lose too much sleep over it if we don't. Like most people I was really annoyed and disapointed with how last night's game turned out but today I haven't given it much thought at all.

City are the team I REALLY care about.

Although I follow England and watch them when they play it has only really hit me today that they are really not THAT important to me. Last night I was a bit upset as it was France that beat us and it was so late. But today it doesn't matter so much.

2 weeks ago we were at the Mill Stad. That defeat hurt loads more, and it still does. I must be mad but I would rather watch City than England ;) Maybe I've had too much sun today?!

Yeah I really know what you mean. If that had happened to City I would be gutted for months!!! As it is... good luck to England on Thursday, I am a bit gutted but I'm not really overlly bothered!

Guest comeonyoureds

city is of course most important, but supporting england is also very important to me! I'm proud to be english and proud to be a city fan! i want them both to be the best they can be and will always supoort them both 100%!

Archived