IGNORED

Promoted At Home Versus Swindon

OldlandReddies

What ? Who needs to be 15/18 points clear of anyone ? 6 wins and 2 draws leading up to the Swindle game will mean a victory against them giving us 90 points and automatic promotion. Simples !

To guarantee promotion with 5 or 6 games to go for our rivals, you need to be 15 or 18 points clear. Simples. Anything else and it isn't 100% certain. 

What ? Who needs to be 15/18 points clear of anyone ? 6 wins and 2 draws leading up to the Swindle game will mean a victory against them giving us 90 points and automatic promotion. Simples !

Swindon,MK and Preston will still have 15-18 points to play for 'after' we play Swindon,so we would have to be that far ahead of two of those teams to be promoted after the Swindon game!

It ain't gonna happen!

It depends what you mean by 'promoted' against Swindon.

Getting to ninety points. Possible.

Sky congratulating City on getting promoted, there are people on the pitch, they know its all over - very unlikely.

90 points may well do.

We may hit 90 against Swindon.

We will not be celebrating promotion that game however.

Anyway, lets get to 70 first!

If we win 6 and draw 2 from our next 8 and then beat Swindon then we are very, very likely to be 18 points clear of 3rd. Unlikely though, lets leave it to the last game v Warsaw.

If we win 6 and draw 2 from our next 8 and then beat Swindon then we are very, very likely to be 18 points clear of 3rd. Unlikely though, lets leave it to the last game v Warsaw.

Lets for argument sake say we are 7 pts clear. If we won six and drew two, we would then be 27 points ahead.

We would need to be 16 points clear to be promoted. That would mean two of MK, Preston and Swindon failing to get 11 points from eight.

Lets for argument sake say we are 7 pts clear. If we won six and drew two, we would then be 27 points ahead.

We would need to be 16 points clear to be promoted. That would mean two of MK, Preston and Swindon failing to get 11 points from eight.

Just looked at the fixtures and Swindon/Preston/MK all play each other before we play Swindle. Maybe it is on !  

Definitely not going to happen and its deluded to think it might. Swindon still have six games to play after that, so we'd have to be 16 points clear of them going into that game for it to be possible. We are currently 7 points ahead of them so that would mean making up another nine points. And that is even without bringing MK or Preston into the equation.

Its a no goer.... Unless... The game is called off due to freak weather and rescheduled for the end of April... :D

H to Rochdale = 3 pts = 70pts

A to L Orient = 3 = 73

A to Crawley = 1 = 74

A to Yeovil = 3 = 77

H to Gills = 1 = 78

H to Crewe = 3 = 81

H to Barnsley = 1 = 82

A to Oldham = 3 = 85

H to Swindle = 3 = 88

Personally I think 88 will be sufficient for auto promotion but we may not know it on the day

If we go to Preston and beat them I think that will be the day we will be promoted. If we don't win it then it will be the next game. I can see us losing only once more by the end of the season and it will be against Walsall.. not in the JPT but last match of the season to get revenge for us beating them at Wembley when we are already champions and have taken our foot off the gas.

I noticed Cotts saying after the Doncaster game "It's an 11 game season now."

Probably it was a slip of the tongue but he said it twice in the interview on Player. The friendly interviewer did not pick him up on it, but it made me wonder if he's targeting promotion in 11 games. I think that's Preston away but my maths is not great.

He's a meticulous planner and it just seemed odd that he said 11 games and not 14, or 15 with the JPT.

Plus he's made it clear he wants the title and that might take a bit more than 11 games, as has been pointed out here.

H to Rochdale = 3 pts = 70pts

A to L Orient = 3 = 73

A to Crawley = 1 = 74

A to Yeovil = 3 = 77

H to Gills = 1 = 78

H to Crewe = 3 = 81

H to Barnsley = 1 = 82

A to Oldham = 3 = 85

H to Swindle = 3 = 88

Personally I think 88 will be sufficient for auto promotion but we may not know it on the day

If we go to Preston and beat them I think that will be the day we will be promoted. If we don't win it then it will be the next game. I can see us losing only once more by the end of the season and it will be against Walsall.. not in the JPT but last match of the season to get revenge for us beating them at Wembley when we are already champions and have taken our foot off the gas.

One point against Crawley!?

Cotterill out!

Getting really tired of this "90 points for automatic promotion" thing, like it's some sort of magical number. Why is everyone so obsessed with a points target? It depends entirely on how other teams do!

Both ways of looking at it are valid.  Yes, of course what other teams do is important, but statistical evidence based on like total number of points needed is also useful in coming to conclusions.  We know that no team with more than 91 points has ever failed to get automatic promotion, so it is not unreasonable to think that 92 will PROBABLY be enough.

Archived