IGNORED

Three Lions Flag Day 2015 (Merged)

WTMS

Traffic outside re-directed?

I spoke to one of the Plod about this yesterday and he said the police would love the road to be closed, makes their job a lot easier, but the "council", as he put it, weren't in the slightest bit interested. Odd how they can close Park St for a dopey so-called water slide, but not a small section of West St for just a few hours.

I spoke to one of the Plod about this yesterday and he said the police would love the road to be closed, makes their job a lot easier, but the "council", as he put it, weren't in the slightest bit interested. Odd how they can close Park St for a dopey so-called water slide, but not a small section of West St for just a few hours.

He was misinformed. It has yet to be seriously considered. A problem would be the Flag day date changing due to the whims of TV.

Probably no national publicity value for any local egotistical wearers of red trousers!

Mr Ferguson was very receptive when contacted regarding another idea of using the Tobacco Factory for a banner drop.

He was misinformed. It has yet to be seriously considered. A problem would be the Flag day date changing due to the whims of TV.

Mr Ferguson was very receptive when contacted regarding another idea of using the Tobacco Factory for a banner drop.

Fair play to him for that.Glad to hear it.

You've never taken kids to football then. I can do an alternative version of most songs. Did you also know that referees are bankers? :D

I know that there are some bad refs around, but to liken them to bankers is a bit strong to my mind.  Surely refs have more integrity than that!  :D

money raised for good causes local pubs and office licences doing well. a bloody good day out for a lot of people including kids, youve nothing positive to say about it so stay away and make it one less or put yourself out and do something for others instead.

I don't mind having a laugh, it's a good event every year. But there was some lads throwing bottles and smoke bombs at police and cars driving by, a bit far IMO.

I don't mind having a laugh, it's a good event every year. But there was some lads throwing bottles and smoke bombs at police and cars driving by, a bit far IMO.

I have to agree, although it's a great event. The bottle throwing (by the young lads who would run a mile if a fight broke out) was not a good thing to see.

Why give the Police a reason to try and stop it from taking place?

I have to agree, although it's a great event. The bottle throwing (by the young lads who would run a mile if a fight broke out) was not a good thing to see.

Why give the Police a reason to try and stop it from taking place?

Police have made no complaints about the event. Local residents were spoken to and were happy how the day had proceeded.

The negativity that appears on otib, and only Otib could have an affect on the Landlord, and what is a small group of helpers.

Police have made no complaints about the event. Local residents were spoken to and were happy how the day had proceeded.

The negativity that appears on otib, and only Otib could have an affect on the Landlord, and what is a small group of helpers.

It was a great day mate. Grown men getting wound up about a small group of 13 year olds does worry me a bit.

Well done to all those that organised it. Really good day and I made a lot of new mates, any incidents were minor to say the least. I'll be happy to help with any further events in the future.

I had a brilliant time. But rather than being negative do you think perhaps people are just concerned that if you give them half an excuse the police may try and shut it down? Personally I think the police have done really well (especially with the ever growing numbers attending), however all it would of taken was the officer who was hit by the smoke bomb to overreact and all of a sudden its carnage. I guess we are lucky we arent in the west mids!!

As I say im not against any of it and always have an amazing time.

That's good news mate. I thought it was a brilliant display and all good natured. Long may the Flag Day continue.

My only concern is the idiots throwing glass bottles. It only takes one to knock out someone's lad and all hell could break loose.

Like I said, it's a great event but I don't want it to be cancelled in future because of some lads behaviour. I understand there were no complaints but that's not the point, you can't go throwing bottles at coppers.

I was sober so I had a better understanding of my surroundings :laugh:

I had a brilliant time. But rather than being negative do you think perhaps people are just concerned that if you give them half an excuse the police may try and shut it down?

The Landlord is happy. The Police are seemingly ok.

Lets say those that were there setting up at 8.30 are not enamored with the attitude of one individual who posts on otib - Ignorant and rude.

The demonised kids were happy to put in a quid into buckets. A few "gown ups" tuned their backs on children collecting money.

The above is more wearing than minor incidents.

The Landlord is happy. The Police are seemingly ok.

Lets say those that were there setting up at 8.30 are not enamored with the attitude of one individual who posts on otib - Ignorant and rude.

The demonised kids were happy to put in a quid into buckets. A few "gown ups" tuned their backs on children collecting money.

The above is more wearing than minor incidents.

The minute a glass bottle hits a child on the head is the moment it becomes more than a minor incident.

My only concern about Flag Day is the safety issue.

Really good day and I made a lot of new mates, any incidents were minor to say the least. I'll be happy to help with any further events in the future.

Fair play .. Its obviously the Landlords gaff and his rules, but to move things onto different / better it requires interest, and a bit of help - Without it there is no event.

Spot on mate......but someone needs to get the word out about throwing bottles.

Don't worry they were told ;)

The 3 lions was doing plastic glasses and plastic bottles but you can't police what is coming from off licences or from homes

then drank on the streets..

The day went well and concerns have been taken onboard.

Don't worry they were told ;)

The 3 lions was doing plastic glasses and plastic bottles but you can't police what is coming from off licences or from homes

then drank on the streets..

The day went well and concerns have been taken onboard.

I agree, the pub can only do so much.....and the kids can get their drink from wherever.

As I said earlier.....Brilliant day, the weather was perfect and it's always better when we've got something to cheer about.

Great day for all the ages. You can see by the age of some of the lads in clobber that this already has the next generation or two ready to continue this in years to come.

A special occasion which this club should be proud of, I couldn't believe the sheer size of the day this year It's growing year on year.

Archived