IGNORED

Thanks To Matt Smith

The Red Planet

Assuming the game is already won that's a great idea.

Have we ever had a loan signing who has been so successful and universally popular with our supporters? Can't think of one off the top of my head.

Tony Dinning?

Usually with loan signings they come and go. I think what makes Matt Smith so different is that most people wrote him off after the first couple of games. And then he started scoring for fun and single handily got us to wembley.

He will be a loss during the run in. Think the rules around this need to change and soon.

Assuming the game is already won that's a great idea.

Have we ever had a loan signing who has been so successful and universally popular with our supporters? Can't think of one off the top of my head.

Mark Robins? Remember he got a huge ovation when he left he was subbed away at Swindon. Think that was the night we took about 5k and loads got locked out?

Surely SC will start Matt on Saturday and then sub him near the end so that we can all show our appreciation.

I certainly hope so. He has been immense since he got back to match fitness with us.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/matts-contribution-has-been-huge-cotterill-2298426.aspx

I don't think Cotts will allow sentiment to affect his team selection. He'll start, with what in his opinion, is the best team for the match. That said, if he starts with Wilbraham and the game is won, he could afford to bring on Smith for the last few minutes.

Mark Robins? Remember he got a huge ovation when he left he was subbed away at Swindon. Think that was the night we took about 5k and loads got locked out?

Was a very good loan for us, ruined for us by Ronnie Moore recalling him to play in a pointless end of season game iirc.

Been a great loan & a real professional, think it's right gutting he's unable to play in the JPT final as his goals have put us there but at least he'll be with us cheering the team on to the win hopefully.

Thank you Matt Smith you've helped us to Wembley and kept us at the top the league, without you our season might been different to what it is.

I hope we win the league & you might think about returning on loan or even permanently as you've proved you would fit in & liked by us.

So again Thank You.

Archived