IGNORED

Cats Coach To Wembley... Good Or Bad Idea?

DonegalRobin

Looking for some advice.

I'm travelling over from Ireland for the JPT, staying in Bristol for the weekend.  I've seen a few things on here that don't make the CATS coaches sound too appealing so I'm wondering what the story is?  I'm sure they're reliable enough, and I'm pretty wary of this Soccer Express outfit based on some of the posts I've seen.  Is beer allowed on CATS or are they non-drinking?  I always have a laugh with folks in the Coopers Arms and BS3 when I go to the Gate and would enjoy a full day out this time... and a win!

Any other suggestions if you don't rate CATS?

Thanks, everybody. 

Mate, there's no booze on the coach's, and there are some strange people on the first couple of coach's! Despite that, it's an easy efficient way to get to Wembley, and the cheapest, as booking a train now would cost you a fortune. Safe trip to Wembley mate, however you choose to get there.

Looking for some advice.

I'm travelling over from Ireland for the JPT, staying in Bristol for the weekend.  I've seen a few things on here that don't make the CATS coaches sound too appealing so I'm wondering what the story is?  I'm sure they're reliable enough, and I'm pretty wary of this Soccer Express outfit based on some of the posts I've seen.  Is beer allowed on CATS or are they non-drinking?  I always have a laugh with folks in the Coopers Arms and BS3 when I go to the Gate and would enjoy a full day out this time... and a win!

Thanks, everybody. 

Sod that for a lark!  

Do what me and Mrs Brizzle are doing and go up on Friday and come back Tuesday.  Megabus will be cheap then too!

Looking for some advice.

Thanks, everybody.

To be fair mate, if you've made it from Mother Ireland to God's own city then you have it in you to find more imaginative ways to make your way to the home of football that CATS.

Sod that for a lark!  

Do what me and Mrs Brizzle are doing and go up on Friday and come back Tuesday.  Megabus will be cheap then too!

I hope you have friends/relatives you're staying with mate, or 4 nights in a hotel is going make a saving on the megabus irrelevant :laugh:

Is there really zero booze allowed on the coach? Not that it bothers me but its a far cry from the last CATS journey I undertook if that is the case!!

By law there is zero booze allowed on any coach, anywhere in the country.

Some companies just aren't as bothered about noticing what you are doing whilst on the coach.

Having said that, they would be in big trouble if a drink related problem occurred on one of their coaches.

• Admin

By law there is zero booze allowed on any coach, anywhere in the country.

Some companies just aren't as bothered about noticing what you are doing whilst on the coach.

Having said that, they would be in big trouble if a drink related problem occurred on one of their coaches.

Always wondered about this, I go on a corporate coach to Cheltenham every year - I'm not going to name the company just in case, but we have been provided with alcolhol on every trip, and will do again next month too.

Is it another case of one rule for football and another for everyone else?

I've travelled on Megabus and National Express coaches loads of times over the past few months and each time they announce there is strictly no alcohol allowed. I used to think the no alcohol rule was just for football. Maybe the rules are different if booked for private events? Eg weddings, horse racing etc?

As for Wembley Cats, convenient as you go from 'door to door', also if there are any problems you can possibly claim against the club whereas if you make your win way there, although probably cheaper, you can't claim if you don't make it in time for the match etc.

Always wondered about this, I go on a corporate coach to Cheltenham every year - I'm not going to name the company just in case, but we have been provided with alcolhol on every trip, and will do again next month too.

Is it another case of one rule for football and another for everyone else?

Yes it is.

Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57

Got to stick up for coach one. Last away match (Crawley) last season me and my daughter found ourselves booked on the infamous Coach One, I was absolutely dreading it. It was fantastic and the people on there could not have been more welcoming, we had tea/coffee/cold drinks, doughnuts were handed out to celebrate someone's birthday and we got one despite never being on there before! On the way back we had singing all the way and a huge tin of celebration chocolates were handed around to celebrate the Gas relegation. What the coach one regulars were saying about the Gas would make your toes curl. It was really unexpected.

If I were offered Coach One for Wembley I would snap your hand off.

I know this has gone a bit off tangent and probably Coach One isn't for everybody but we had a great time!!!

I imagine the designation for the coaches on this trip is a bit different to normal. First come first serve as they were ordered on the internet.

If you ordered on the Internet you were given a coach number and seat number, you have to use the email as your 'ticket' as proper tickets are not being sent out. I actually booked my match tickets on day 2 of them going on sale but left the coach booking for a few days after. I don't know how coach one regulars got together, I guess they grabbed their coach and had an arrangement privately.

Archived