IGNORED

Surely There Needs To Be Serious Sanctions Here?

Esmond Million's Bung

Why the **** would these ******* morons feel the need to attack fans from a little rural Brittany club like Guingamp, it's a little town of barely 10,000 people FFS.

Imagine the FIFA outcry had this been a British team in a British ground, surely the home tie against Everton needs to be played elsewhere.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/27/crowd-trouble-dynamo-kiev-europa-league-guingamp

Did I say that?

Well you didn't really say anything relevant, a couple of hundred fans from a little rural club have to be evacuated from a stadium for their own safety, don't really care what the violence is about and nor should FIFA. Does it look like a safe environment for Everton to take probably a few thousand fans?.

Well you didn't really say anything relevant, a couple of hundred fans from a little rural club have to be evacuated from a stadium for their own safety, don't really care what the violence is about and nor should FIFA. Does it look like a safe environment for Everton to take probably a few thousand fans?.

No, but they're English, so it won't bother UEFA.

Or Donietsk?

You seem to be spoiling for an argument. I wasn't disagreeing with your comment.

FIFA etc is irrelevant to this situation.

No it is not a safe environment, and I didn't say or even imply it was.

I simply pointed out the incident is nothing to with football.

It just so happens it's inside a football stadium.

You seem to be spoiling for an argument. I wasn't disagreeing with your comment.

FIFA etc is irrelevant to this situation.

No it is not a safe environment, and I didn't say or even imply it was.

I simply pointed out the incident is nothing to with football.

It just so happens it's inside a football stadium.

i'm not spoiling for anything.

FIFA is not irrelevant to this situation FIFA/Blatter certainly had a view about the Chelsea fan metro/racism incident.

and as for the last 2 sentences, I understand the fighting amongst themselves may be deemed as such but attacking of the French fans (which apparently then precipitated the fighting amongst themselves) has nothing to do with politics.

i'm not spoiling for anything.

FIFA is not irrelevant to this situation FIFA/Blatter certainly had a view about the Chelsea fan metro/racism incident.

and as for the last 2 sentences, I understand the fighting amongst themselves may be deemed as such but attacking of the French fans (which apparently then precipitated the fighting amongst themselves) has nothing to do with politics.

It's nowt to do with football or racism or FIFA. Yes FIFA can impose what they like, but the incident itself is nothing to do with football.

I take it you have not read about the situation in Ukraine?

I have attended matches in Kiev and other parts of Ukraine, I can say with some confidence this incident was nothing to do with football and everything to do with politics.

It's nowt to do with football or racism or FIFA. Yes FIFA can impose what they like, but the incident itself is nothing to do with football.

I have attended matches in Kiev and other parts of Ukraine, I can say with some confidence this incident was nothing to do with football and everything to do with politics.

i'm sorry I don't get your point, it matters not what it's about, it needs to stop or be stopped, I don't think that whilst having stitches inserted into a head wound it makes you feel better that were not a victim of football violence within the confines of a football stadium to be honest.

Think we are on the same hymn sheet in one respect pal. For the final time it's nowt to do with football and there is nothing that FIFA can do that has any relevance or effect.

Well it obviously cannot stop what is happening politically in the Ukraine, but it can stop football fans being attacked needlessly.

Are the two not more closely entwined in Eastern Europe than in the UK? However, I struggle to see what political point was being made by trying to attack some fans from a very small French football team. I'd be willing to bet there is no longstanding rivalry between Guingamp and Dynamo Kiev

I also don't see how violence in a football stadium, involving football fans can have "nothing to do with football". I fully accept that the political situation in Ukraine means there are other things at play than just football hooliganism, but it must surely have "something" to do with football

i'm sorry I don't get your point, it matters not what it's about, it needs to stop or be stopped, I don't think that whilst having stitches inserted into a head wound it makes you feel better that were not a victim of football violence within the confines of a football stadium to be honest.

And how do you propose that this sort of thing is stopped and never happens again?

This sort of violence (and worse) is a part life in Ukraine at the moment, and there seems no end to it.

But it seems you will be satisfied so long as it doesn't happen within the confines of a football stadium, or isn't inflicted on football fans.

You'd think it would be sensible to exclude countries from European competition when there's a war going on in them. I guess this punishes Ukraine for being invaded, but UEFA's priority should be the safety of players/fans visiting Ukraine.

On a separate point, and referring to the "if this was in England..." comments above, I've never really understood the paranoia towards UEFA. The only time we've ever been banned from Europe is when a large number of people died at a game. I don't think there's any actual evidence of anti - English bias within UEFA.

You'd think it would be sensible to exclude countries from European competition when there's a war going on in them. I guess this punishes Ukraine for being invaded, but UEFA's priority should be the safety of players/fans visiting Ukraine.

On a separate point, and referring to the "if this was in England..." comments above, I've never really understood the paranoia towards UEFA. The only time we've ever been banned from Europe is when a large number of people died at a game. I don't think there's any actual evidence of anti - English bias within UEFA.

Totally agree, English football fans haven't exactly been angels in the past!

I don't get this 'UEFA hates the English' nonsense either,I get the feeling that some just want to to feel hated.

Perhaps someone can come up with some evidence to back up their paranoia.

Totally agree, English football fans haven't exactly been angels in the past!

I don't get this 'UEFA hates the English' nonsense either,I get the feeling that some just want to to feel hated.

Perhaps someone can come up with some evidence to back up their paranoia.

I would say if any organisation has a problem with the English it's FIFA not UEFA.

And how do you propose that this sort of thing is stopped and never happens again?

This sort of violence (and worse) is a part life in Ukraine at the moment, and there seems no end to it.

But it seems you will be satisfied so long as it doesn't happen within the confines of a football stadium, or isn't inflicted on football fans.

of course you do realise this is a football forum and football fans were attacked for absolutely no reason, if I cared about Ukraine and it's political situation I would have put a thread on the non football forum.

and now to answer your original question, there you go quite simple really, even Greece whose book keeping skills aren't the best, worked this one out, let the Ukranian's fight amongst themselves they are rather good at it, just because it's part of life in Ukraine at the moment doesn't mean that innocent football fans should be subjected to it and I see Everton FC are advising fans not to travel. Ergo there must be a serious problem.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/02/25/uk-soccer-greece-suspension-idUKKBN0LT1HJ20150225

Think we are on the same hymn sheet in one respect pal. For the final time it's nowt to do with football and there is nothing that FIFA can do that has any relevance or effect.

Honestly Nick you cannot say it has nothing to do with football, no matter what the politics, it happened at a football match in a football stadium, therefore it has everything to do with football.

of course you do realise this is a football forum and football fans were attacked for absolutely no reason, if I cared about Ukraine and it's political situation I would have put a thread on the non football forum.

and now to answer your original question, there you go quite simple really, even Greece whose book keeping skills aren't the best, worked this one out, let the Ukranian's fight amongst themselves they are rather good at it, just because it's part of life in Ukraine at the moment doesn't mean that innocent football fans should be subjected to it and I see Everton FC are advising fans not to travel. Ergo there must be a serious problem.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/02/25/uk-soccer-greece-suspension-idUKKBN0LT1HJ20150225

Is there ever a (real) reason for football fans to be attacked. "Let them fight it out amongst themselves ". Weren't they doing that in the stadium anyway come the end?

That's the solution to the problem is it?

Don't forget incidents like this happen here; up and down the country ever Saturday, and have for decades. The only difference howadays is that it rarely happens at the football ground anymore. But such acts still happen at a dedicated location miles anyway from the ground between rival fans; and before you say it. Innocent people do get caught up in these acts of mass violence.

So again how do you stop it?

Is there ever a (real) reason for football fans to be attacked. "Let them fight it out amongst themselves ". Weren't they doing that in the stadium anyway come the end?

That's the solution to the problem is it?

Don't forget incidents like this happen here; up and down the country ever Saturday, and have for decades. The only difference howadays is that it rarely happens at the football ground anymore. But such acts still happen on at a dedicated location miles anyway from the ground between rival fans; and before you say it innocent people do get caught up in these acts of mass violence.

So again how do you stop it?

Jesus, I don't give a **** about people fighting over politics, I don't give a **** about nutters who phone their rivals for a punch up somewhere. I don't want to stop Ukraine's political violence because I don't give a ****, if they want to fight each other in league matches fine I repeat I don't give a ****.

This game was held up for 15 minutes, rival fans had to be evacuated for their own safety, so make them play the home leg somewhere else the other side of Europe or kick them out of the competition, it is obviously not safe to play a GAME of football in Ukraine at present or do we wait until somebody gets killed?

Jesus, I don't give a **** about people fighting over politics, I don't give a **** about nutters who phone their rivals for a punch up somewhere. I don't want to stop Ukraine's political violence because I don't give a ****, if they want to fight each other in league matches fine I repeat I don't give a ****.

This game was held up for 15 minutes, rival fans had to be evacuated for their own safety, so make them play the home leg somewhere else the other side of Europe or kick them out of the competition, it is obviously not safe to play a GAME of football in Ukraine at present or do we wait until somebody gets killed?

That would be the standard heads in the sand approach taken by the Football Authorities whilst everyone else is pontificating over why the violence has occurred!!

As you say, it's a piece of p1$$ to solve - make them play the home leg where there isn't going to be the threat of that type of violence. If people then want to write a thesis on here about WHY there is violence in Ukraine they can and Everton fans can relax in the knowledge they would be able to follow their team safely.

That would be the standard heads in the sand approach taken by the Football Authorities whilst everyone else is pontificating over why the violence has occurred!!

As you say, it's a piece of p1$$ to solve - make them play the home leg where there isn't going to be the threat of that type of violence. If people then want to write a thesis on here about WHY there is violence in Ukraine they can and Everton fans can relax in the knowledge they would be able to follow their team safely.

Exactly I suspect the French fans weren't particularly interested in why these violent thugs were attacking them, FFS Guingamp isn't even a Le Penn stronghold.

Archived