IGNORED

Surely There Needs To Be Serious Sanctions Here?

Esmond Million's Bung

Ok with that statement why should you give a **** full stop?

Doesn't involve Bristol City or the national England team.

i'm fine with that statement because you and Nick have told us all it's nothing to do with football, so if Ukrainians want to fight each other over politics let them get on with it, why should I worry?, but when they attack innocent football fans (not forgetting of course that was nothing to do with football, apparently) although as I pointed out I suspect the French didn't at any stage believe 'it's ok, although they are attacking us it is purely political and nothing to do with football'.

i'm not spoiling for anything.

FIFA is not irrelevant to this situation FIFA/Blatter certainly had a view about the Chelsea fan metro/racism incident.

and as for the last 2 sentences, I understand the fighting amongst themselves may be deemed as such but attacking of the French fans (which apparently then precipitated the fighting amongst themselves) has nothing to do with politics.

god get over yourself, you were clearly spoiling for a fight. Don't know if you got out of the wrong side of bed or your perm went wrong or something but no need to get so fresh :dunno:

What surprises me is that you seemed to be shocked by "football violence".

Whether it's political or football related doesn't bother me. Violence is violence. To be fair if it was politically motivated you could argue that it's more justifiable that just about a group of people kicking a pigs badder about.

Just a thought here people, those lovely cuddly French & their German buddies help cobble together the errrrr "ceasefire" between the Ukranians and those lovely cuddly Russians, who had zero comma zero intention of observing. Some Ukranians may just see the French appeasement as a legit excuse to attack the French fans...not in the remotest bit this being an acceptable excuse for violence in a violent country.....but given Ukranians are increasingly anti Russian and are what is an undeclared war with said Russians....it makes for a diferent dynamic, which UEFA SHOULD have anticipated (yeah Rght) and forced the game to be played elsewhere....

Course I may be just a tad cynicl about owt to do with UEFA....after all the Ivans have also won the right to World Cup tournament.....and perish the thought that they are an unsuitable host for said tournament...and Sepp Blatter is as honest as the day in Siberia right now..

The behaviour is utterly unacceptable, but Ukraine is not in a normal situation right now....

How on earth did this get so unnecessarily heated?

I think the point is that, while FIFA/UEFA aren't going to suddenly solve the crisis in Ukraine, they can take steps to reduce chances of innocent bystanders getting caught up in it.

There are plenty of precedents for this. As recently as the ACN, nobody from a football authority cured Ebola, but they did change the host country to avoid the risk.

I don't think EMB is making a point about violence one way or another, really, but that if something can be avoided it should be - and putting football players/fans in the middle of a warzone is something that can be avoided.

How can you say it had nothing to do with football?

It happened at a football ground at a match

It's 100% to do with football

I would suggest he means that Russians attacked a bunch of French fans, or tried to. The reason? Pretty darned obvious.. Russia is now, or has been for some time, effectively a terrorist/militantly communist state that is doing a rather good job of besmirching Ukraine in whatever form and at whatever opportunity it can find in a continual bid to be able to feed its media back home to show its public that the average Ukraine football fan is an animal and, for good measure, the rest of the world.. an ideal opportunity for them.

I do not expect the authorities to bring any or many to justice because all those involved no doubt carry Ukrainian passports or ID's fake or real. Ukraine is a minority Russian enclave that Moscow is manipulating very professionally.

I bet the Guingamp fans that got attacked simply beause they were following their team would say its got something to do with football? The violence may have started for non football related reasons but any incident in which innocent football fans could be placed in great danger??? Of course that's got a lot to do with football!

Reports the incident was prompted when a French/Russian (unclear which) flag was held up with the slogan "Crimea is Russian".

I have just read that and it is total shite. it is the sort of shite excuses that eastern european teams and their international teams always try to deflect the blame for outrageous and continuing crowd violence and racism.

Firstly Le Penn has little or no support in the Cotes d'amour, their hotbed is Finistere and their team is Brest. Secondly believe me no self respecting Breton would ever even jokingly show the slightest support to Russia, they were kept in check during WW2 by a small force of Germans but all of the many outrages in Brittany were affected by 'white Russian' cossacks, billeted in tents in woodland all over the region and given copious amounts of vodka until the Germans needed them to ride into various communes after any insurrection to not only burn it to the ground, kill all of the males and rape anything remotely female before killing most of them as well and thirdly looking at the videos of the incident I didn't see any flags, FFS I don't even think there were 200 French fans there.

Yet again unbelievably outrageous behaviour at an eastern european football match and then some equally outrageous lies trying to excuse their behaviour.

http://rt.com/news/236131-kiev-ultras-french-clashes/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmXRfegpsoI

PS:- I would like to add that you have been to matches in the Ukraine and I have been to many games in Brittany and it is without doubt the safest environment I have ever attended to watch games. Several years ago when Lyon were the top team in France I watched Rennes v Lyon in front of a 34,000 crowd and there were 3 plod on duty all directing traffic, I also saw Rennes v Celtic about 30,000 and again 3 plod on duty.

Archived