IGNORED

Jet

jeade

To be fair to Agard some of the passes into him were crap. Not surprising when a team mate a few yards away blasts it full pelt that he can't control it with his 1st touch.

Actually it kind of is, because a lot of our passes seem to be played that way and almost all the other players have the ability to take them under control. i think that Agard does stand out in this respect. As i have said elsewhere in the thread, he makes some of the passes look poor because of his lack of anticipation.

To be fair to Agard some of the passes into him were crap. Not surprising when a team mate a few yards away blasts it full pelt that he can't control it with his 1st touch.

Some are but in general even easy passes his first touch is terrible.

Would like to see another striker in on loan for the run-in I think.

People are blind if they don't see how good Agard is. It isn't all about assists or goals. Kieran's hold up play, attitude & work rate are absolutely out of this world.

I thought agard had a good game yesterday..... what people don't seem to remember is that he has been out for the best part of three months with a bad injury so needs game time to get back up to full fitness

How about JET and Agard? (of course this is only if Wilbs needs a rest)

Has that duo been tried this season? 

This was the substitution I suggested yesterday , JET to hold the ball and do what he does and Agard could have been the pass option for the through ball. 

Also not sure Wilbs has got Sat/Tues 90mins in him 'til the end of the season

I hope I'm totally wrong but I've a horrible feeling that the lack of options up front will cost us over the next few weeks.

Wibs will struggle to play 2 games a week.

Agard unfortunately seems to have his limitations and is just getting back to something like fitness.

JET is well JET. Can be brilliant but inconsistent.

Why the hell SC did not bring in at least 1 additional striking option in the transfer window only he knows. With Smith gone we so badly needed a replacement signed up. I think he's left it too late and the boat needed pushing out in January. We are an injury away from a crisis which could have been avoided.

Can't bear the thought of missing out on top spot due to lack of striking options.

I hope I'm totally wrong but I've a horrible feeling that the lack of options up front will cost us over the next few weeks.

Wibs will struggle to play 2 games a week.

Agard unfortunately seems to have his limitations and is just getting back to something like fitness.

JET is well JET. Can be brilliant but inconsistent.

Why the hell SC did not bring in at least 1 additional striking option in the transfer window only he knows. With Smith gone we so badly needed a replacement signed up. I think he's left it too late and the boat needed pushing out in January. We are an injury away from a crisis which could have been avoided.

Can't bear the thought of missing out on top spot due to lack of striking options.

And we've just let Osborne out on loan. :help:

I want to see every player in a city shirt do well, but I can't help think that we are a lot weaker without the Smith & Jet partnership of a couple of weeks back.

Agard does a kit of good work off the ball, but alarming so does JET these days! Is feel a lot better about securing promotion with JET in the team than Agard.

JET can make the step up to the championship, he's got the ability abs under SC we've seen he has the application.

As much as I'd love to say that Agard has too, I think he'd do well to get a job as a ball boy in the championship, let alone get the goals we need for safety.

I see the line "JET is inconsistent" a lot, but don't really know what that means.

Someone above put a games played/goals scored ratio up, but that is a compete case of "lies, damn lies & statistics"; you look at minutes played versus goals scored/set up and JET makes Agard look FAR more inconsistant in terms of what he's offered in the metric that most strikers live & die by.

I like Agard; he works hard and runs until his legs give out. But it is becomjngn increasingly clear he simply is not the arch poacher he was brought in to be. And before it is pointed out he has been out injured; I was saying similar just before that, and if you look at his record, most of his goals were scored back in a two week period early in the season, and since then he's be VERY inconsistant in the goal scoring stakes.

JET is not the man of every occasion; that much is clear. But since being brought into the team because of injury in December, he's been very constant in what he offers us up top.

Both him and Agard can't compare to Wilbraham and the now sadly departed Smith in terms of being relied on to find goals, but if it was me picking the team, I know which player I would give more minutes alongside Aarron to if I needed goals, based on the simple ratio of minutes to goals/assists.

Did you see JET v Colchester??

A side near the bottom of L1...

And you want him in v the likes of Derby, Leicester, Leeds etc?

As i said before, how dare he have a bad game?. Get rid!! Can't wait for Barcelona to get rid of Messi, missing that penalty and the header from rebound against Man City? Well really, he is rubbish and must go surely?

I see the line "JET is inconsistent" a lot, but don't really know what that means.

Someone above put a games played/goals scored ratio up, but that is a compete case of "lies, damn lies & statistics"; you look at minutes played versus goals scored/set up and JET makes Agard look FAR more inconsistant in terms of what he's offered in the metric that most strikers live & die by.

I like Agard; he works hard and runs until his legs give out. But it is becomjngn increasingly clear he simply is not the arch poacher he was brought in to be. And before it is pointed out he has been out injured; I was saying similar just before that, and if you look at his record, most of his goals were scored back in a two week period early in the season, and since then he's be VERY inconsistant in the goal scoring stakes.

JET is not the man of every occasion; that much is clear. But since being brought into the team because of injury in December, he's been very constant in what he offers us up top.

Both him and Agard can't compare to Wilbraham and the now sadly departed Smith in terms of being relied on to find goals, but if it was me picking the team, I know which player I would give more minutes alongside Aarron to if I needed goals, based on the simple ratio of minutes to goals/assists.

I agree with you there fella. Some good points.

It seems as though of JET doesn't run around loads, score or create then he's inconsistent. Yet if Agard runs his heart out likd he does every week but misses chance after chance he's still consistent....strange logic that.

If anything Agard's selfless work rate probably hinders him as a poacher. I love the blokes work rate and desire but he's ultimstely there to score goals. He still has a huge part to play, as does JET. Just still amazes me that people are so critical of JET.

How about JET and Agard? (of course this is only if Wilbs needs a rest)

Has that duo been tried this season? 

Tried in the very awful game against Telford with results that at their most generous could be called lacklustre.

Admittedly Agard did score.

Personally I think JET should feel rested and rejuvenated now after a tough few months and would like to see him be given more game time.

I didn't see his performance at Colchester, but all players will have a bad game time to time. He was in good form up to that point, his work rate, positioning has come on leaps and bounds and he's still got that magic and flair we all love to see. 

Would like to see him given a start either at Crawley or Yeovil in the next week and a meaningful sub appearance in the other game. 

Archived