IGNORED

Jet

jeade

I'm sorry but just do not see how Agard can possibly be in the team in front of JET. People say JET when he's bad is very bad but when on form he's unplayable whilst to date I've seen nothing but mediocre from Agard.

I believe we desperately need a pacy striker in on loan to help us over the line but let common sense prevail until then.

I'm sorry but just do not see how Agard can possibly be in the team in front of JET. People say JET when he's bad is very bad but when on form he's unplayable whilst to date I've seen nothing but mediocre from Agard.

I believe we desperately need a pacy striker in on loan to help us over the line but let common sense prevail until then.

We were desperate for someone to keep the ball today up top - JET should be playing instead of Agard for me.

I thought Agard was very poor today

Then presumably you did not see JET play at Colchester.

Then presumably you did not see JET play at Colchester.

What about his outstanding performances over the last 2 months? Unreal the stick he gets, when on form he's head and shoulders above any player In this league.

Agard couldn't even dream about controlling a ball like JET, hes like bambi doesn't look at all like a footballer. Works his ass off and has scored some important goals this season tho.

The worry for me is not JET or Agard, we are going to need both of them, more that with Wilbs we now only have the three. The world is hardly full of great strikers just looking for a loan if any get injured, suspended, whatever. Cotts has managed it well so far, and hopefully the ice holds out a little longer!

They're not even on the same planet in terms of technical ability, but by running around a lot Agard occupies their defence more in forward positions. JET tends to play just a bit deeper and doesn't fight for the ball as much IMO. I wonder whether Burns would be a good like for like alternative to Agard if he got injured. Quite pacey and strong.

I agree ....... with everyone  :P

I'm not Agards biggest fan , but I would say he's in in front of JET because of his work rate and closing down. There were times Rochdale really struggled to get the ball out because of the constant harrying. 

I would have had JET on , for either forward , to hold the ball up and do what he does. Just looked as though we could do with someone holding it and just slowing the game down, exactly what JET does.

It's a pity though that calls for Jet's inclusion have to include criticism for a very willing workhorse in Agard, but unfortunately it's inevitable as Cotts. is favouring Agard directly.

Like Pete Hinton says above Agard's attitude and work rate are beyond reproach, but there's more to an effective striker than that and I can't agree on the merits of his hold up play.

I'd favour playing Jet from the start and having Agard as back up, and he can be brought on after an hour if Jet is having one of his rare inconspicuous games.

Some of the team are clearly running near empty at the moment and Jet, on form, can make life alot easier for them, as epitomised with the fantastic goal against Port Vale which turned an initial half hour of struggle into a comfortable victory.

Is Agard a genuine game changer like Jet?

We have to trust Cotts' judgement but it's very reasonable to hope that Jet's omission is just another example of squad rotation, and, fully rested, he will be back again starting shortly.

It's a pity though that calls for Jet's inclusion have to include criticism for a very willing workhorse in Agard, but unfortunately it's inevitable as Cotts. is favouring Agard directly.

Like Pete Hinton says above Agard's attitude and work rate are beyond reproach, but there's more to an effective striker than that and I can't agree on the merits of his hold up play.

I'd favour playing Jet from the start and having Agard as back up, and he can be brought on after an hour if Jet is having one of his rare inconspicuous games.

Some of the team are clearly running near empty at the moment and Jet, on form, can make life alot easier for them, as epitomised with the fantastic goal against Port Vale which turned an initial half hour of struggle into a comfortable victory.

Is Agard a genuine game changer like Jet?

We have to trust Cotts' judgement but it's very reasonable to hope that Jet's omission is just another example of squad rotation, and, fully rested, he will be back again starting shortly.

Nail on head Noggers.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts to be honest. I like Agard but JET every time for me. I personally think it's just squad rotation from SC.

I wasn't there today but I'll repeat today what I said about Agard on Tuesday; I'm not convinced he has sufficient technical ability to justify his place in a table topping side, but he has a positive role in the side. He runs channels, harries defenders and gets though loads of work but he couldn't trap a bag of sand. An enigma perhaps, but one who plays an important role in certain circumstances. We need another striker on board though with Smith going and one raft carries more of a goal threat than Agard

Isn't it obvious why Agards in the team instead of JET? Closing down defenders, working down the channels. He might not score or have the best touch in the world but Agard is massively important to this team.

He does work his bollocks off for the side but what is obvious is that both are very important to us. SC has rotated a very small squad well throughout the season. They both have a huge role to play but strikers are there to score goals at the end of the day. You can run round all you like but you still need to look after the ball and take chances in tight games.

Archived