IGNORED

Fair Play To The Bloke In The Hat!

BUTOR

Those is E block will know what I'm talking about...

Gave us all a great laugh in the last 10, coming down to the front and going ******* mental before stripping off and proceeding to go even more ******* mental... And it did the job in geeing us up too, fair play to him, reminded me of some great terrace characters back in the day

Gave us all a great laugh in the last 10, coming down to the front and going ******* mental before stripping off and proceeding to go even more ******* mental... And it did the job in geeing us up too, fair play to him, reminded me of some great terrace characters back in the day

He's always trying to get the atmosphere going up there, today he was a bit more energetic than usual though haha! 

Was a thread on him on here a couple of weeks ago but it was just a bloke moaning about him and calling him a nause! 

Yes - fair play - in fact virtually all the guys in E block were immense in that last 15 mins. The constant rhythm maintained some atmosphere and when the team was on the attack, helped build the atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed being there as always and I'm sure the strenuous aerobic exercise did an old guy like me some good.

Where is the video?

Those last 20ish minutes was quality! Really enjoyed an atmosphere finally coming back to the Eastenders for a while, lost my voice quite badly and my hands are chapped from clapping but it felt good that we were making an atmosphere for the first time in a while.

It was quite strange though the undulating nature of the noise of that red army chant. A group of us at the back kept it going and the sound would increase to a peak and then slowly decrease, then increase again and so on... That's what is required to make an atmosphere though, a song that will last a while rather than a short burst of 'Come On City, Come On...' for example, which never lasts more than a quick ten or so seconds!

He is a great bloke, I often shake his hand when I see him. He has a lot of passion for a sing song.

Those last 20 odd minutes felt like I was back in the east end, I couldn't remember much about the actual game as time seemed to fly by.

We definitely need a character like this standing up front and getting everyone going. Let's keep this going because I am getting bored with all the non-singers around me.

Bristol sport are keen to improve the atmosphere. Hat man met them half way by waving his scarf around. Maybe Bristol sport should send a representative to E block to strip. What about Mr Billingham? Show us your pecs.

Bristol sport are keen to improve the atmosphere. Hat man met them half way by waving his scarf around. Maybe Bristol sport should send a representative to E block to strip. What about Mr Billingham? Show us your pecs.

Don't know how BS/BCFC are going to get characters like hat man to sit down next season if they stick to their no unreserved seating plan!

Shirt off, breathing heavily, sounds very much like Enclosure Serge from this forum.

You're right, but "Enclosure Serge Enclosure Serge give us a wave" doesn't trip off the tongue. Whereas "Hatman Hatman give us a wave" does. I guess we could use Serge, but lots of E blockers don't read this forum, so maybe not.

It wasn't his scarf, it was his jumper! I was actually a little concerned at how far he was going to take it, as he even took his hat off at one point!

From Nause to Hatman in but a blink of the eye!

Lads, ladettes (laddesses?) and others...

Cheers for the good vibez and comments. Appreciate it. 

As I've said to a few, the 'Red Army' chant got going well and there was the opportunity to put right a few recent wrongs both on this forum and other places. It was a chance to maybe make a difference and show what a few Ultras/singers/general people could do. The opp was too irresistible for me to refuse, I'm afraid.

Never one to shun the limelight, esp if it's beamed at me, it felt right to get amongst it and make sure the great singing continued and maybe even stepped up a level. People often respond to a bit of encouragement like that. Or to a Nause getting his jumper off (shamefully, it was all the red I was wearing Saturday. Apologies).

There were a few occasions in the old EE since 07 when I did similar (same hat, same Nause, same kNob!) and it did okay. I remember doing it at QP, first away game of relegation 98/99, too. Old Bill London wasn't as impressed but I managed to evade arrest! Even got a few singing 'My Garden Shed...' in Spanish, too (Mi cobertizo / es mas grande / mi cobertizo es mas grande que eso...)

I relish the fact I can be judged a 'character' - largely for the wearing of a hat!! By that token, doesn't that make most of us characters, then? I'd say so. All who joined in on Sat were characters, in my mind, anyway!

I'm also quite proud (prowed?) that this was one of the first times of doing this sans cidre! It's usually a few pints of Rough wot spur me on, but this time it was the thought that such a great song was building and had to not fade, that the boys on the pitch might find an extra yard with some more vocals, and, as I say, to put a few recent wrongs right, make a positive of the afternoon. Just wanted to see the faces of you all at the final whistle - hence me having my back to the game. That and I couldn't take the tension any more!

I've rambled on far too much now.

See you all in there next time. I better wear me hat!

You Reds!

Tony 'Enclousre Serge' / 'Hatman' (can I have my own bbc/NY Times article about me, then?)

Well done to you and everyone who joined in, the team definitely needed support at that particular time. I noticed at the final whistle Cotterill turned around and applauded us, I think he realised our team needed the support as well. We need to carry this on for the rest of the season to carry the team over the finish line. Not only this song but all the other songs, that is including all of us at Ashton Gate.

Perhaps you might start off a new craze with everybody swinging their jumpers around. Maybe Bristol Sport could supply us with a new jumper each.

Archived