IGNORED

If We Don't Win The League

Chairman Mao

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me winning the league would go someway to right the trauma I suffered in my first season as a supporter (1990) when Rovers pipped us to the title, I remember not wanting to go to school the day after they beat us in the Derby because of the abuse I'd receive as a City fan, and that result more or less sealed the league to them. 10 more wins will seal the deal, and that's got to be the aim! COYR

Surely it's all about promotion? The title is a bonus. Lets not forget this time last year we were saying if you were offered fourth bottom and escaping the drop would you take it? and most of said yes. Cott's has already said he wants to win the league but then you woulden't expect him to say anything else. Personally lets get out of this division first make a gap between us and third so big we cant be caught then fight it out with Preston (probably) for the title and enjoy the last few weeks of this fantastic season.

Surely it's all about promotion? The title is a bonus. Lets not forget this time last year we were saying if you were offered fourth bottom and escaping the drop would you take it? and most of said yes. Cott's has already said he wants to win the league but then you woulden't expect him to say anything else. Personally lets get out of this division first make a gap between us and third so big we cant be caught then fight it out with Preston (probably) for the title and enjoy the last few weeks of this fantastic season.

Yes you are right , its just that its become an obsession to see us crowned champions in my lifetime .

"Annoyed" is exactly right.

Not gutted, not bitterly disappointed, but annoyed.

I do remember the last time we won a league, but it was before I started going down the Gate, and I was very young. Just after the Coronation, IIRC.

I want my boy to remember this season - his first as a fan, seeing his first games - as being when we were champions and won the cup.

And it'll be nothing to do with glory hunting, it just happened to be a coincidence that he reached a certain age and began to show am interest in football at a great time: BCFC's most successful season ever!

I want the title so badly it hurts , i've wanted to win one all my life , i am convinced that this is our time , promotion would be wonderfull , dont get me wrong ,

But if we are champions , i will be bouncing around all summer like a crazy thing ,

Only been waiting 39 years , not to much to ask is it ? !!

No its not too much to ask.

I've been going since 1957 and desperate for a top place finish. If we go up without winning the league I can't help thinking that it will be much harder to win the Championship so unless we go down again (and no one in their right mind would want that) this might well be the last chance for old buggers like me. Lets stop thinking that going up will be fine. Lets win the bloody thing for once.

I voted yes but in reality I'd be mildly irked for about four minutes before getting bladdered and forgetting all about it as long as we went up!

It would be disappointing to not see it through having spent the vast majority of the season in first place, but ultimately getting promotion is the main thing, the title would be the icing on the cake.

Would people still be ok with 'just' promotion after tonight's results?

It would still represent a very successful season, but having now built up such a commanding lead, I can't deny it would now be disappointing to finish second.

Still think Preston are a potential threat though, with their game in hand and us still to go there.

Having said all that, the first thing I look for in the table is the gap to third.

Would people still be ok with 'just' promotion after tonight's results?

Yes, been doing this too long, would still take a guaranteed second at this point. Really want to win a league in my lifetime but at this point I'd just take getting out of this league.

Archived