IGNORED

If We Don't Win The League

Chairman Mao

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not one for counting chickens and certainly no one can afford themselves too much confidence BUT with the table as it is, at this late stage of the season, it would be incredibly frustrating if we don't take home a couple of trophies, we never win the league, its about time we did!

your thoughts?

Not sure if annoyed is the right word for me, but I'd certainly be very disappointed considering the position we've been in for the vast majority of the season. Although realistically as long as we get promoted I'll be happy. Obviously anything less than that would be terrible.

Big yes from me.

Apart from the obvious reasons, I think it would also stand us in greater stead for the coming challenge of the championship.

Sends out a big message to potential signings that we're a club going places and the smart choice - clear champions and completely redeveloped stadium.

Winning the thing means everything to me. For once let's be the best not bloody second. Even if we go up will be gutted if we don't win it. Coming 2nd in 1990 still hurts and it's only winning the league that will put that to bed.

Definitely. I want this to be a great season and if were were to throw away the title now it wouldn't be a good sign for the future ahead. Even if it's only in the 3rd tier, let's actually win things for once! A 2015 double please. #winner

We deserve to win it, I would be gutted if we didn't see it over the line now. If you judge City against Rovers we beat them in every single category apart from last league title win. It has been far,far, far too long.

You only deserve to win it if you have the most points at the end. There are still 13 games to go.

This is a really interesting question as at the start of the season,the majority on here suggested they would be happy to see us challenging for a play off position. How things change, me personally i would take 2nd place now if it was guaranteed. I just want to see this young group of players playing at the next level as i believe they have the qualities to compete their.

I honestly wouldn't. For the same reason that Chelsea wouldn't take 2nd place in the Prem right now.

It really isn't the same though, at all, is it. Their whole league season is a failure if they come second, ours isn't.

I wouldn't take 2nd now either so I'd rather take our chances at winning the title, and probably coming second anyway if someone can overhaul us.

I'd bite your hand off for second place if offered now. There are still an awful number of variables left this season with 13 games still to go, I just couldn't turn it down. I'd love to see us win the division but by the time the new season came around I'd be over it if we finished second. But the thought of starting the new season, still in the third tier, without half this season's side who would inevitably have moved on to the championship anyway, doesn't bear thinking about.

Annoyed is not the word for sure. Promotion would still represent a great success, and it would be a shame if some of that got lost because we were second.

Equally, I would not take it if offered right now. We have the chance to achieve something that has not been done in my time, and would love it if we sealed the deal. Love it.

Getting second now would feel like a match where we had been leading until the 94th minute then allowed the other side to equalise.... not quite right but the closest I can get to it. You would still take the point but you would be far less happy than if it had been you doing the equalising to grab a last minute point

Archived