IGNORED

Day Out At Wembley Denied By Man Utd B?

Blagdon red

I can't see how it would work. The FA's proposal... a conference of 10 'B' teams and 10 conference teams... how far can the 'B' teams get promoted. Even if they can go as far as the championship, what if you get the 10 'B' teams occupying the top 10 positions. Do you promote 11th place? 

At least with reserve teams lower down the pyramid they are all spread out, and with lower teams it's less viable to have a reserve team that could compete with your 1st team.

Also would Stoke 'B' team sell 30k+ tickets at Wembley? Even 20k?

What a pile of poo. Can only assume it's a trade off to kill the B teams playing in the league.

The JPT generates nothing for clubs until the last two rounds, and I can see how some would regard playing Liverpool B as more of a draw early on, but thin end of the wedge.

No, no, no. The great and greedy league trying to stop League One and Two clubs from a day out at Wembley. And the financial benefit it brings to clubs like Walsall, City and those who get to the final.

I assume both finalists share a portion of the Wembley gate money. So assume that City were playing Chelsea B. How many would Chelski bring to the party? The plastic Premiership fans pour enough scorn on clubs at our level like "Why do you watch sh1te like that?" or other similar comments.

So we take 39,000 and they bring a couple of thousand. And get an equal share of the gate money to add to their own overloaded coffers.

My opinion is NO, NO ,NO!!!!!!!

Completely stupid idea.  

I suspect the 3rd & 4th division clubs assumed there is a better chance of them drawing a decent Premier B team in an early round and getting a half decent crowd than there is of them getting to the final and making some proper dosh.  Short sighted as ever.

Completely stupid idea.  

I suspect the 3rd & 4th division clubs assumed there is a better chance of them drawing a decent Premier B team in an early round and getting a half decent crowd than there is of them getting to the final and making some proper dosh.  Short sighted as ever.

Given the scratch squads that presently get wheeled out by the big boys in the League Cup, you can just imagine the quality that would be sent out for the JPT:  probably anyone at the club who had a spare pair of boots and wasn't already doing something on the Tuesday night.  Flint would have the tea lady in his back pocket, mind.

Awful idea.

How about the premier league teams **** off collecting players like stickers and the players just play lower down the pyramid themselves anyway as they should?

What a load of nonsense. Thank God we won't be in this crap tournament again for a while hopefully. Let's win it and never see it again.

Awful idea.

How about the premier league teams **** off collecting players like stickers and the players just play lower down the pyramid themselves anyway as they should?

What a load of nonsense. Thank God we won't be in this crap tournament again for a while hopefully. Let's win it and never see it again.

Would be nice if the next time we saw it was with our own B team...

I can't see the benefits of this to anyone, I know the JPT is hardly a top draw until the later rounds, but this just totally devalues it. At a guess, it's the thin end of wedge to initiate the B Team concept, with a view to pushing for the ridiculous B League plan. Greed by a few is slowly destroying football, and the great pity is that the so-called guardians of the game are supporting them. Sky & The Premiership won't be happy until they have eradicated all other football from England.

Simply astounding that the League One and Two turkeys would vote for Christmas. Can't see the punters rocking up at Exeter or Fleetwood just because there's Liverpool shirts to be worn by nonentities in the visiting hamper, so no idea what the potential benefits are.

What it means is that teams like Walsall, who are about to make their first ever appearance at Wembley in 100-odd years of existence, will have a snowball's chance in hell of winning a trophy at the national stadium in future.

We've done rather well in this competition in the past 30 years - twice winners, twice runners-up, another final to look forward to - how many would we have had if PL B Teams had been in the mix? Probably none.

This whole B Team plan stinks to high heaven - it's a cut-and-paste strategy from the continent. The buffoons at the FA have just gone: "Italy, Germany, Spain win World Cups and European Championships. Their leagues have B Teams, that's the answer - let's copy it."

It won't make the slightest difference to the fortunes of the England team and even if it could guarantee us 10 World Cups on the bounce I still wouldn't go for it because it buggers up the grassroots.

If the powers that be are serious about making England more competitive then they will abandon this B Team lunacy and look at ways to increase the number of young English players getting regular experience at the top level.

Thing is, though, is the FA are a major part of the problem. The obscene new TV deal will just allow the PL clubs to hoover up even more overseas stars and the current situation will deteriorate even further. To seriously tackle this issue would mean the FA taking steps to stem the huge influx of foreign players - which would effectively amount to a conflict of interest for them.

But they have to be seen to be "doing something radical" so they put the boot into the lower leagues. Unlike the big boys we have no clout so if we complain, who cares?

The one advantage English football has over the other European leagues is the huge strength in depth throughout the pyramid. You can go five, six divisions down and still get a proper football experience, a decent crowd and a good atmosphere from loyal supporters.. B Teams will destroy all that.

Makes me sick.

Simply astounding that the League One and Two turkeys would vote for Christmas. Can't see the punters rocking up at Exeter or Fleetwood just because there's Liverpool shirts to be worn by nonentities in the visiting hamper, so no idea what the potential benefits are.

What it means is that teams like Walsall, who are about to make their first ever appearance at Wembley in 100-odd years of existence, will have a snowball's chance in hell of winning a trophy at the national stadium in future.

We've done rather well in this competition in the past 30 years - twice winners, twice runners-up, another final to look forward to - how many would we have had if PL B Teams had been in the mix? Probably none.

This whole B Team plan stinks to high heaven - it's a cut-and-paste strategy from the continent. The buffoons at the FA have just gone: "Italy, Germany, Spain win World Cups and European Championships. Their leagues have B Teams, that's the answer - let's copy it."

It won't make the slightest difference to the fortunes of the England team and even if it could guarantee us 10 World Cups on the bounce I still wouldn't go for it because it buggers up the grassroots.

If the powers that be are serious about making England more competitive then they will abandon this B Team lunacy and look at ways to increase the number of young English players getting regular experience at the top level.

Thing is, though, is the FA are a major part of the problem. The obscene new TV deal will just allow the PL clubs to hoover up even more overseas stars and the current situation will deteriorate even further. To seriously tackle this issue would mean the FA taking steps to stem the huge influx of foreign players - which would effectively amount to a conflict of interest for them.

But they have to be seen to be "doing something radical" so they put the boot into the lower leagues. Unlike the big boys we have no clout so if we complain, who cares?

The one advantage English football has over the other European leagues is the huge strength in depth throughout the pyramid. You can go five, six divisions down and still get a proper football experience, a decent crowd and a good atmosphere from loyal supporters.. B Teams will destroy all that.

Makes me sick.

This :clapping:

If you really want emerging players to get game time why not put a limit on squad sizes.

Simply means young players learn their trade at a lower level and only get bought when they are ready to play at a higher level.

Get rid of loans so that developing players get to actually step in.

• SC&T Board Members

The prem would of offered something for them to consider it,

I don't see why people are outraged after all the jpt is a Micky mouse cup and it's embarrassing to be in it isn't it?

I'm more with Hodge. The PL is more likely to have threatened to take money away, not offer something new (they have form on several previous occasions for such bully-boy tactics).

I'm more with Hodge. The PL is more likely to have threatened to take money away, not offer something new (they have form on several previous occasions for such bully-boy tactics).

wasn't it announce recently because of this new bumnper deal the prem would be giving a % to the football league?

I bet thats what they have threatened not to give,

Exactly. It's odd how people can make recommendations on such naive logic.

In Portugal, speaking from experience of following the football, it's true that teams like Benfica and Sporting do have decent young Portuguese players who are developed in the B team prior to breaking through to the first team while their first teams fast-track in internationals from other countries..... but to simply follow that B teams are a breeding ground for national talent is missing what is actually going on.

These B-teams are also now increasingly becoming holding clubs for other lesser internationals, in other words now legitimising at two levels the squeezing out of home-grown talent - can you imagine Chelsea or Arsenal deciding a B team can follow a different pro-English approach when at all levels including academy they are already busy trading across Europe and Africa to get the players that they want.

B-teams will just be an excuse for even greater levels of stock-piling and zero positive impact to English football. The only positive logic for a B team to support homegrown talent is that decent young local players remain at a big club that's best equipped to nuture and coach them. But.. at the end of the day aren't the best footballing lessons learned playing competitive matches (where this B-team logic started).

And this is where all the big clubs get to: the best way to develop young players is to loan them out to others clubs at the best possible level that will take them. This is what happens to better young talent in Portugal and in every other major European league. Get them experience quickly in clubs that you trust, playing competitive games, and retain ownership if they succeed. Why is this not enough for England?

Of far more significance than B-teams, I think this is starting to take off in England where historically clubs were too proud and independent to compete all season on loaned players. Norwich were a top flight team who competed on their own merits but eventually reconciled it was okay to depend on Henri Lansbury (Arsenal) and then Harry Kane (Spurs) up front for respective whole seasons (albeit Kane then got injured).

Kane is now the darling of English football - how many loans did he go out on? This rather proves it's possible to develop great English talent by loaning players out into the league rather than expecting to field a B-team. Of course Chelsea sending us Todd Kane and then re-purposing him to Nottingham Forest is the thin end of the wedge when clubs become heavily big-club loan dependent as they are on the continent. 

But this is the model which works in developing domestic talent, NOT effing B-teams, which simply create leagues that unlike England, are not well followed or taken as seriously, as you move down the ladder. England's 4 tier professional league is the envy of the world and to say that it needs to become a sterile home to B-teams and that this will enhance England footballing development, is amateur thinking all the way.

Now... since the OP raised the point of cut and paste strategy and drawing false conclusions - let me say that there IS something which most of the other European countries do which England does not, that does seem to have some logic in footballing development. They all sell a large number of their best players into other leagues around Europe. England don't. It's something 15 years experience in the Prem won't give you.

It doesn't half help when faced with international tournaments in pressure situations, to have a better first-hand feeling of how different countries and cultures will adapt and react that you get from having internationals playing all over Europe. But the Prem is far too well funded to have to ever sell its best English players to Germany, Spain, Italy etc. And of course it will never fit with the PL/FA narrative to admit that's the problem.

The prem would of offered something for them to consider it,

I don't see why people are outraged after all the jpt is a Micky mouse cup and it's embarrassing to be in it isn't it?

I actually think it's less Mickey Mouse than the League Cup is these days. At least the JPT gives fans from places that don't normally get to Wembley a day out. Two Chelsea friends of mine went on Sunday

and seemed profoundly bored by winning the LC.

Anyway, the FA's idea is as shyte, as most of their's are. Which they'll realise as soon as you get a JPT featuring Stoke B v Everton B or something.

Now... since the OP raised the point of cut and paste strategy and drawing false conclusions - let me say that there IS something which most of the other European countries do which England does not, that does seem to have some logic in footballing development. They all sell a large number of their best players into other leagues around Europe. England don't. It's something 15 years experience in the Prem won't give you.

It doesn't half help when faced with international tournaments in pressure situations, to have a better first-hand feeling of how different countries and cultures will adapt and react that you get from having internationals playing all over Europe. But the Prem is far too well funded to have to ever sell its best English players to Germany, Spain, Italy etc. And of course it will never fit with the PL/FA narrative to admit that's the problem.

Now... since the OP raised the point of cut and paste strategy and drawing false conclusions - let me say that there IS something which most of the other European countries do which England does not.

Its a bottom up strategy from children to academies to club XI's. Foreign FA'a are not strangled by Premier Leagues which dictate to their FA's how kids - Youth development works.

The EPPP would be unacceptable in Germany.

Spains national framework of coaching allied to assessed standards for kids coaching at every stage could not exist here due to the EPL.

The end result is the players in this Country lack the technique to play abroad in any numbers to gain experience.

Now... since the OP raised the point of cut and paste strategy and drawing false conclusions - let me say that there IS something which most of the other European countries do which England does not.

Its a bottom up strategy from children to academies to club XI's. Foreign FA'a are not strangled by Premier Leagues which dictate to their FA's how kids - Youth development works.

The EPPP would be unacceptable in Germany.

Spains national framework of coaching allied to assessed standards for kids coaching at every stage could not exist here due to the EPL.

The end result is the players in this Country lack the technique to play abroad in any numbers to gain experience.

And a major factor why British players stay at home? Too dense to learn a foreign language!

Archived