IGNORED

Pitch Moaning

SARJ

Cotterill moans like a whore about pitches. The way he carries on, Clifton St Vincents AFC on a Downs League pitch would give us a run for our money.

You have too be a Gashead...

10 Points clear and your moaning about moaning!! Classic  :facepalm:

I suppose its hard see what its like in real life from your arm chair........ :gasmask:

• Admin

Is funny how the last few post match interviews he has mentioned the state of the pitches

Last night was just plain unsporting, whether there are rules about only watering certain sections of the pitch then leaving it visibly too wet would be interesting to know

Is funny how the last few post match interviews he has mentioned the state of the pitches

Last night was just plain unsporting, whether there are rules about only watering certain sections of the pitch then leaving it visibly too wet would be interesting to know

Did them a lot of good, didn't it?

Longer ago than I care to think of, Port Vale watered the pitch to slow us down, and John Atyeo, in his huge boots, scored a hat-trick.

Did them a lot of good, didn't it?

Longer ago than I care to think of, Port Vale watered the pitch to slow us down, and John Atyeo, in his huge boots, scored a hat-trick.

I have a mental picture of Big John, wearing the adidias version of clowns shoes, that enabled him to glide across a muddy surface a bit like on water skis.

Cotterill moans like a whore about pitches. The way he carries on, Clifton St Vincents AFC on a Downs League pitch would give us a run for our money.

you must be a gas head why would a city fan have anything to moan about what Steve Cotterill says have you looked at the league table you K..b and just for the record he is exactly right about those pitches so go crawl back under your stone,if you are a city fan we really don't need people like you...Tw.t.

Unfortunately there are some that even in this so far wonderful season, find every defeat, draw or comment something to beat SC with because they didn't want him in the first place and told us all about the impending apocalypse before a signing was made and a ball kicked.

To be fair they've never called him a conference manager though

Unfortunately there are some that even in this so far wonderful season, find every defeat, draw or comment something to beat SC with because they didn't want him in the first place and told us all about the impending apocalypse before a signing was made and a ball kicked.

I was gutted when Cotterill got the job. I've rarely been more delighted to be wrong. I'm not a huge fan of managers complaining about things after the game, but to be fair to him he seems to complain when he feels aggrieved rather than just when we lose. At any rate I find myself not caring now, we've been a soft touch, on and off the pitch, for far too long and it's nice to have someone prepared to fight our corner in front of the cameras.

I was gutted when Cotterill got the job. I've rarely been more delighted to be wrong. I'm not a huge fan of managers complaining about things after the game, but to be fair to him he seems to complain when he feels aggrieved rather than just when we lose. At any rate I find myself not caring now, we've been a soft touch, on and off the pitch, for far too long and it's nice to have someone prepared to fight our corner in front of the cameras.

He's a bad loser and that's a good managerial trait, it means that he cares and he expects the players to care. Successful teams become an insular bubble who ignore the haters, Manu in the past and Chelsea now and the upshot is even people like Beagrie will have to at some stage acknowledge our achievements and that is great because we know it'll stick in his craw.

To be honest Cotterill moans about quite a few things! We all know he's an excellent manager but I am concerned how things would play out *if* we hit a shocking run of form. 

He's a manager it goes with the territory, there is virtually no other profession in the world where you take a job knowing that sooner or later you will be sacked, the shocking form quote is yet more speculation much like the speculation that was rampant when he was appointed manager, let's wait and see I think he has earned that particular right.

You have too be a Gashead...

10 Points clear and your moaning about moaning!! Classic  :facepalm:

I suppose its hard see what its like in real life from your arm chair........ :gasmask:

Yes well done mate that's it you've rumbled me, I'm a secret gashead.

Honestly, try to inject a bit of sarcasm on this forum & this is what happens, got to laugh.......

6hobbys66 

you must be a gas head why would a city fan have anything to moan about what Steve Cotterill says have you looked at the league table you K..b and just for the record he is exactly right about those pitches so go crawl back under your stone,if you are a city fan we really don't need people like you...Tw.t.

Ha ha ha this reply, so much hate. My arm chair I supposedly support Rovers from doesn't fit under my stone so I can't 'crawl back under it' as you so eloquently put it.

Also, does your legal guardian know you're using bad language?

I have a mental picture of Big John, wearing the adidias version of clowns shoes, that enabled him to glide across a muddy surface a bit like on water skis.

Think more a Wiltshire farmer striding across his field in long wellies.

And what a weird horrible little ground it was. Ok they got the money from the flats to build the new stands but really leaves them nothing for future development so shows a club with no real ambition.

To be fair to them, if they'd had a massive load of state aid to redevelop the Olympic Stadium they wouldn't worry about where they are now. One rule for a Prem team etc....see also Spurs.

Archived