IGNORED

Wilbs

CHAZ MICHAELS

Wilbs is the last transfer signing that, on my respective judgement of their ability, I am disappointed by. Not only is he vastly better than I ever gave him credit for, I do think he's got another season in the locker.

Wilbs has been a class act. Veteran strikers usually do well in the Championship. To that end, although he will be 38 next season, I would like to see us sign Luca Toni of Hellas Verona. He scored 20 last season in Serie A and 11 so far this. Reckon he could be prolific at Championship level and would surely be tempted to play for us and team up with Wilbs.

Without question!

Massively impressed as to how Cotts has managed the forwards but we need one NOW!

Umm.

To be fair I have had this view all year that we were one short up front. We have had games where we have not been able to have an outright attacking minded option at all on the bench even. As the games tick by, might be famous last words, but I do wonder if we have actually got away with it now, and are past the worst? We have JET on the bench, and are seeing at least the end in sight of this crazy run of two games a week.

Cotts is obviously wedded to a big one up front, and I think in his mind losing Wilbs would be the biggest worry. At this stage I can at least see the argument for taking it one game at a time, not rushing in a new player, and seeing how it goes.

As someone mentioned, someone like jerome Sinclair on loan would be a good fit. Gives him a few games, puts us in a position to have him again should it work out well and he is young, eager and a good prospect.

I'd like to think cotts and Burt have their eyes on players like this

Wilbs has been a class act. Veteran strikers usually do well in the Championship. To that end, although he will be 38 next season, I would like to see us sign Luca Toni of Hellas Verona. He scored 20 last season in Serie A and 11 so far this. Reckon he could be prolific at Championship level and would surely be tempted to play for us and team up with Wilbs.

Luca Toni?!?!?

Sure he's old, but he's one of Serie A's top goalscorers. Never in a million years would he come here even if we could afford him

But he will be 38 next season so reckon Verona will be looking to unload him. There's one good season at Championship level left in the tank for Toni so it would be a bad move for him to spend that season in Serie A.  You can only be big if you THINK big in this world.

But he will be 38 next season so reckon Verona will be looking to unload him. There's one good season at Championship level left in the tank for Toni so it would be a bad move for him to spend that season in Serie A. You can only be big if you THINK big in this world.

If we might struggle to pay Matt Smith's wages, which has been suggested, then surely there's absolutely no way we could pull off the signing of Luca Toni. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he laughed off interest from Blackburn when they were in the Prem and tried to sign him

Umm.

To be fair I have had this view all year that we were one short up front. We have had games where we have not been able to have an outright attacking minded option at all on the bench even.

I kept thinking the same as you

And yet, we are top of the table, are the second highest scorers in the league (by some margin) and have the best goal difference...

Where did it all go right?

Luca Toni has just put Hellas Verona ahead at AC Milan. Further confirmation that he would be a good signing next season at Championship level. Had we had Toni up front for us in 07-08 we wouldn't have needed the play-off final.

Luca Toni just finished as Serie A Top Goalscorer.

Still think it's realistic!?

But he will be 38 next season so reckon Verona will be looking to unload him. There's one good season at Championship level left in the tank for Toni so it would be a bad move for him to spend that season in Serie A.  You can only be big if you THINK big in this world.

Ha, what have you been smoking?  Don't be so childish.  If you were a clued up City fan you would know that SL wouldn't touch a player like this anyway. 

Archived