IGNORED

City's Finest Nemesis

Major Isewater

Jimmy bloody Greaves. Played Spurs off the park at WHL and bloody Greaves did frack all bar score two goals. I'm surprised they didn't provide him with a touchline armchair for the other 88 minutes :grr:

And David bloody Kelly, of course.

Darius Henderson every time.

I think towards the end of his career we rebalanced that one a little.

It'll always be David Kelly and Rory Fallon for me. Journeymen strikers with nothing much to make them stand out. Until they played us...........

I think towards the end of his career we rebalanced that one a little.

It'll always be David Kelly and Rory Fallon for me. Journeymen strikers with nothing much to make them stand out. Until they played us...........

I think Kelly was a little better than a journeyman, but Fallon!  Unbelievable that such a lummox always did so well against us...

Wonder if you ask Gillingham fans the same question who they would chose this year?

Wonder if there are fans of other clubs out there who have similiar recollections of one of ours...

Bradford certainly. They had a CH called Alan Hopper, and in two successive seasons, our home games read:

Bristol City 4 Bradford 0

Atyeo (3)

Hopper o.g.

Bristol City 5 Bradford 0

Atyeo (3)

Hopper o,g. (2)

Got to be David Kelly. After the Walsall game we were it the bar having a beer with a few of the city players and David

Kelly was parading around with the match ball, getting it signed if I remember correctly. One of our crowd Dave Ollis for those that know him went up to DK and asked for a look at the ball, David obliged like a chuffed school kid and gave Ollie the ball. Ollie popped a pound into DKs hand and walked off with the ball. The look on his face was a picture. What a great day out we had, but stinking result.

Yep but also scored 1 or 2 was against the gas at AG????

Certainly one. That overcame the initial suspicion.

He was a reasonable striker at this level, but as so often in those days we bought them as their career was on the down-slope rather than up-slope.

Wonder if you ask Gillingham fans the same question who they would chose this year?

Wonder if there are fans of other clubs out there who have similiar recollections of one of ours...

A Watford fan I know always says Marvin Elliott

Fallon and Henderson are the big one's for me but the legend of David Kelly is one that has been drilled into me from a young age - I think generally we've had bad records against Wolves, Walsall, Tranmere... Chicken or the egg!

Archived