IGNORED

Wade Elliott

Scrumpy_247

Fair play to Marlon Pack who has stepped in and done a more than decent job in midfield but it seems a bit odd that Wade Elliott hasn't been involved much recently.

Obviously you haven't watch him play recently otherwise you would not have posted this.

I'd only offer Wade a playing contract if we realistically think he's going to be available and capable of playing 2/3-3/4 of our games next season, regardless of division.

I'd like to see him involved behind the scenes if he's interested and if he isn't going to be playing much, but despite his excellent performances this season and undoubted quality, next season we cannot fall into the trap of placing any sentiment above pragmatism.

We need to build a squad capable of establishing us in that division, and with FFP we cannot have any players occupying our wage bill who don't contribute on the pitch, regardless how good they are behind the scenes.

That might sound harsh, but Elliot is a savvy guy, and could likely get another decent year playing contract at least at this level next year without much problem, and it wouldn't be like the door would be closed for him to return to us post-playing.

I hope this time on the sidelines is helping him recover his form a little and that he'll help us over the line in the final ten or so games, and perhaps show that although he may not be a two-games-a-week lad next season, he can justify a new contract.

I'd only offer Wade a playing contract if we realistically think he's going to be available and capable of playing 2/3-3/4 of our games next season, regardless of division.

I'd like to see him involved behind the scenes if he's interested and if he isn't going to be playing much, but despite his excellent performances this season and undoubted quality, next season we cannot fall into the trap of placing any sentiment above pragmatism.

We need to build a squad capable of establishing us in that division, and with FFP we cannot have any players occupying our wage bill who don't contribute on the pitch, regardless how good they are behind the scenes.

That might sound harsh, but Elliot is a savvy guy, and could likely get another decent year playing contract at least at this level next year without much problem, and it wouldn't be like the door would be closed for him to return to us post-playing.

I hope this time on the sidelines is helping him recover his form a little and that he'll help us over the line in the final ten or so games, and perhaps show that although he may not be a two-games-a-week lad next season, he can justify a new contract.

I agree on this fella.

I personally dont think SC is the type of bloke to hand out contracts on sentiment anyway. So if Wade stays there's no doubting it will be because SC thinks he can offer us a lot on and off the park still.

We definitely don't want any Marlon Harewood cheerleader types!

Archived