IGNORED

Wade Elliott

Scrumpy_247

It is just SC using the squad to suit the situation.

Wade is a better attacking player but Marlon defends and protects the back three better.

I suspect Cotterill's thinking is for this run in, is keep it tighter at the back because while SC wants to win every game, a draw away from home is still a point gained.

Wade is a better attacking player but Marlon defends and protects the back three better.

I suspect Cotterill's thinking is for this run in, is keep it tighter at the back because while SC wants to win every game, a draw away from home is still a point gained.

My thoughts exactly!

Wade was brilliant last year and up until Christmas, he since then has lost his form. It will be hard for him to get back in the team but he has contributed plenty to this team and we have benefited from having him on and off the field. I expect him to announce his retirement at the end of the season going out on a high of captaining a promotion winning team.

He's ooc in the summer done well on loan and at the start of the season but can't see him being offered a new contract this year

Maybe he could be offered a one year extension with some role in coaching/youth development. Obviously we can't invent roles that don't exist but Wade Elliot seems like a good pro and could also be a useful player to have around the squad.

Wade was brilliant last year and up until Christmas, he since then has lost his form. It will be hard for him to get back in the team but he has contributed plenty to this team and we have benefited from having him on and off the field. I expect him to announce his retirement at the end of the season going out on a high of captaining a promotion winning team.

Another short term contract while he gets a coaching badge, if he hasn't already. More involvement with the Under 18/21's? Permanent captain of the Under 21's? Good person for dressing room morale and behaviour?

The latter comment also applies to Wilbraham, but I think he will be here again next season challenging for a first team spot.

It's most likely pure squad rotation.

We have a number of quality players and rotation doesn't affect us.

No way should Wade be offered a new deal.

Excellent last season and to an extent the beginning of this, but if we are going to complete in the Champ we need better.

If pack continues his good form I would offer him a new deal, but not sure he would be a starter for us in the league above.

I hope we keep Elliott and Wilbraham for another year. The squad is generally young and needs their experience around the place, even if not playing every week.

I guess a lot depends on what players can be recruited. I would say that Wilbs looks as though he has another year in him easy, whereas I'm not so sure about Elliott. We do need experience to compliment to good young players we already have but they can't just be a Marlon Harewood cheerleader type. They need to be able to make a contribution at what looks like the league above at present.

I'd offer him a pay as you play deal.

And he's most likely refuse.

Wilbs and Elliot should be offered one year deals. Their understated importance to the rest of the squad will be useful next season, promoted or not.

They both fit in and can assist SC and co.

We need the team to get stronger....Elliott post Christmas has made it weaker.

What is the point in offering a new contract to a 36 squad player? Experience? Give Wilbs a one year deal that would do the job.

We need quality in that division, imo A new deal for Elliott would be a backwards step

I'd offer him a pay as you play deal.

I doubt that he'd accept as he could get a "proper" contract from an average league 1 or 2 club. With pay as you play he might not earn very much and footballers have got to squeeze as much as they can from contracts at the end of their careers

Wilbraham definitely should get a contract.  He's not likely to start as many games, but when you consider Agard is the only striker with a contract into next season.. He's streetwise and still very fit.  SC said so.

Elliott seems to me to have been played too much and this has caught up with him.  Earlier on in the season, SC was less willing to rotate and he played the vast majority of games, including many Saturday, Tuesday and Saturdays.  He may be of use in the Championship but that would be as an occasional player.  There are an awful lot more evening games due to the international breaks.   As long as he's willing to accept this then I think a one year contract is okay.  The evening games mean that rotation is required more.  He could possibly play a part as a calming influence, particularly if we're struggling.

Archived