IGNORED

Player Of The Season?

TNBT

As we are getting closer to the finish line my thoughts are wondering to who will be voted our player of the year?

Now I think most people will be putting Freeman & Flint in the hat with myself adding Joey B with them finishing in that order but what would everyone else's vote be?

Luke Freeman, Matt Smith and Aidan Flint

As good as Matt Smith was for us personally I can't put him in there being he wasn't here all season but can't take away the fact without him we definitely wouldn't be where we are in the league or cup.

The whole squad

Can't argue with you there KM it really has been a squad season with fringe players coming in when injuries happened & hit the pitch running adding to the success laid by the players they replaced.

Wasn't there a thread like this a few days ago?

For what is worth Korey is POTS for me

There have been at least two others from memory.. the entire team deserve the award; not one individual can possibly be singled out as being better than another as there is only a sheet of paper between each.

A really difficult choice!

Instinctively I'm reluctant to say a defender should win but Flint has to be in the mix along with Korey Smith, Freeman and probably Wilbs who's done extremely well to come back from injury and continue his scoring form. Matt smith, wasn't here long enough to deserve it in my opinion. As it's so tight though, I'll reserve judgement until the end of the season as all the players I've shortlisted have the ability to continue their great form or drop off as well.

Bryan will win young player of the year I reckon.

Flint.

Captain in all but name, consistency personified, rock solid and already 8 goals from defence. An inspiration.

Freeman 2nd, superb season, enough to win it hands down in a normal season but Flint has been truly imperious.

Korey Smith in 3rd. Another who's had an outstanding season, though he's dropped a bit below his very high standards recently. I think he'd benefit hugely from a week off if squad strength allowed.

Joe Bryan for young player.

This would be a vote for Korey but he's not quite been as impressive lately. Therefore, Flint.

Bryan for young player.

I'm not as impressed with Freeman compared to others. Clearly a fantastic player but I'd have like to have seen more goals and open play assists.

Flint.

Captain in all but name, consistency personified, rock solid and already 8 goals from defence. An inspiration.

Freeman 2nd, superb season, enough to win it hands down in a normal season but Flint has been truly imperious.

Korey Smith in 3rd. Another who's had an outstanding season, though he's dropped a bit below his very high standards recently. I think he'd benefit hugely from a week off if squad strength allowed.

Joe Bryan for young player.

This

And although not POTS, Fielding deserves a mention. There may have been a couple of moments, but he's made some good saves, and saved us a fair few vital points.

Korey Smith has been outstanding and if there was an award for signing of the season then he would get it for sure but for consistency and performance then Flint has to get it.

Freeman has been lively and a good attacking outlet, Joe Bryan has stepped up to the mark and proved he is a quality player, Luke Ayling as well has been brilliant but overall the big man has for me been excellent every game.

At the moment the standouts are Freeman, Korey Smith and Flint in my opinion. Wilbraham could be in contention if he ends up passing 20.

How old does young player go up to? If same as PFA it would be 23 which means candidates include Freeman, Ayling, K.Smith (23 at start of season), Bryan. I could see Flint winning player of the season and Freeman/Smith winning young player of the year.

How good is it that there are 4 or 5 names being proffered here and that the remainder of the squad can also take a bow?

However this thread can be closed as the answer is FLINT. I say that as end of last year I never wanted to see him in a City shirt again and would have personally driven him back to Swindon, gratis. Fair play to him that close season he transformed into one hell of a player and leader, doubtless shed loads of personal graft, work and toil and he deserves every plaudit he receives.

Archived