IGNORED

Player Of The Season?

TNBT

I'm finding it hard to choose between Freeman & Flint both been great, Freeman for his creativity & Flint being so important at the back I'm sure I'll have decided by season end but Flint's edging it due to his excellent discipline record & solid defending.

Has to be Flint for three reasons: 1) He's been a huge figure for the team this season, nobody's had a bigger influence, 2) His great personality and 3) The improvements he's made to his game this season, especially after coming back from that horrible injury.

Everyone has played a massive part in leading us to the position we've got to so far, though. It's nice to actually have a PoTS award with more than one or two contenders. It's been a while!

As we are getting closer to the finish line my thoughts are wondering to who will be voted our player of the year?

Now I think most people will be putting Freeman & Flint in the hat with myself adding Joey B with them finishing in that order but what would everyone else's vote be?

Doesn't even play for us and made himself look an arse on question time

Ayling for me. Quality defender

It always amazes me during these debates how infrequently Ayling's name comes up.

He's been fantastic and possibly (??) played every single game?

I'm keeping my powder dry on POTS until there's one or two games to go. Obviously, in the mix though:

Flint

Ayling

Freeman

Smith K

Smith M

Wilbs

The fact that I can list all those names shows what a season we are having.

Flint for me.

8 goals so far is a fantastic return but in all honesty he should have more by now.

Ultimstely he is there to defend though and he's been fantastic this season. The back 3 work really well together and Flint has been pivotal this season. It goes to show his strength of character after the stick he got last season.

If you look at it like if one player had to be left out, who would you least want it to be, then it has to be Flint first, probably Korey second and Frankie Fielding is also up there. I know Freeman's been outstanding but we've still won games when he's been out, not sure how we'd get on without Flint.

Archived