IGNORED

31 Wonderful Days That Have Defined The Season...

cityexile

It was only on the 7th Feb we trecked down to MK, to start a long run of two games a week. It all started with a hard battled 0-0. The table at that stage after that first game looked like;

Bristol City 27 28 58

Swindon 28 27 57

MK Dons 28 34 56

Preston 28 14 50

Since that morning, we have played ten games in 31 days. Won 7, Drew 1, Lost 2. 22 points. Six away from home. It could have gone pear shaped, but how the lead has grown.

Two home games now in the next seven days, and that run of two games a week is over. Win those two, then in any practical sense we are up, needing you would think a max of two more off the last eight. In my mind, we are one good week away.

I am sure no one will be relaxing yet, but a huge well done to everyone at the club. Let's cheer them over the line now at AG.

If anyone wants the critical point of this season, these great 31 days for me have been the turning point. From possible, to almost there. Others have faltered. We have stayed strong.

I'm not sure there's been a "turning" point to be honest, we've been top virtually all season bar when other teams had played more games!

Ever since that first game of the season - winning 2-1 at Sheffield United - I've felt the title was ours to go out and get and now we're only a few more wins away. What a brilliant season.  Keep it going for just a few more weeks and it'll be in the history books as one of our finest ever!

I'm not sure there's been a "turning" point to be honest, we've been top virtually all season bar when other teams had played more games!

Ever since that first game of the season - winning 2-1 at Sheffield United - I've felt the title was ours to go out and get and now we're only a few more wins away. What a brilliant season.  Keep it going for just a few more weeks and it'll be in the history books as one of our finest ever!

Take the point entirely. It has however been the 'month' for me were with ours and other results I end it thinking it really is going to happen.

It's certainly been great, I like your reflection.

And we can hopefully carry on, win at Wembley and then seal (at least) promotion by early/mid April. I'm willing to wait a little longer if need be :)

The players have convinced me that they'll do a professional job, as done so far, and finish what they started.

The turning points have been the reactions by the whole squad and management to the defeats which just like the 1954-55 side, have come in two sets of two and a single one at Crewe.

The recent defeats by Sheffield United and Colchester could have been the catylist for a serious blip in firm and points gathering.

Instead, the team has become even more determined and ruthless gaining five straight wins with the last three away from home.

This squad and SC will not settle for anything less than the League One title.

Archived