IGNORED

Swindon Ticket Details Now Announced

Absolute rubbish that the rugger boys can get tickets ahead of some City fans who have been going for 50yrs or more :disapointed2se: and of course choose not to subscribe to the stealth tax on tickets.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The membership pays for itself in four matches (or six if you bought earlier in the season), and if you won't buy a membership because you can't go to enough matches to cover your costs,then frankly you don't have the right to a Swindon ticket over those that can.

Care to elaborate on your "stealth tax" comment?

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The membership pays for itself in four matches (or six if you bought earlier in the season), and if you won't buy a membership because you can't go to enough matches to cover your costs,then frankly you don't have the right to a Swindon ticket over those that can.

Care to elaborate on your "stealth tax" comment?

Don't have the right!!!!!

I've been going for over 30'years, I've recently moved away and go to,almost every away game, I thinkmi have "the right" to get a Swindon ticket without having to buy a bristol sport membership which, when you live over 200 miles away and are disabled Is completely useless. Bristo sport membership is a great money spinner, or a very useful addition to the scheme, if you like rugby and live in the area, if you don't then it's a waste of money.

Maybe the club could learn a lesson from Bradford City, they've geot a fantastic away supporters loyalty scheme, something I've approached the club about for years............and still,waiting!

I've been going for over 30'years, I've recently moved away and go to,almost every away game, I thinkmi have "the right" to get a Swindon ticket without having to buy a bristol sport membership which, when you live over 200 miles away and are disabled Is completely useless. Bristo sport membership is a great money spinner, or a very useful addition to the scheme, if you like rugby and live in the area, if you don't then it's a waste of money.

Maybe the club could learn a lesson from Bradford City, they've geot a fantastic away supporters loyalty scheme, something I've approached the club about for years............and still,waiting!

we've problly sold out away matchs 3 times in the last 5 seasons, why do we need an away loyalty scheme if there isn't much of a problem getting away tickets?

it will be even easier next season if/when we get promotion as we will get more tickets because we are visiting bigger grounds

If you're willing to come down to Bristol for the Swindon game then why are you not willing to come down for tomorrow's and Tuesday's game? Nor the Port Vale, Peterborough & Rochdale games last month?

Although if I have got that wrong and you did attend all those games then you would have already made a saving on the membership.

F.A.O.Mad Cyril. Swindle will not get tkts in home end for one reason.when buying a tkt for Skindle game your name & address will have to.be on the city database.already been told by tkt office

Ok, so where are they going to put their bubble machine then?

People said similar things before the west ham game. Whilst I agree there should be some scheme to reward people who do regularly travel away, unfortunately there isn't - and the cold truth is you are putting no money into the club by travelling away, so people who ARE have priority.

I live 150 miles away, have been to 3 home games because I play every Saturday but I have a membership because that way I can ensure I can get a ticket for games like this. Incidentally I can only go to the Swindon game because it got moved.

Monday, March 16th at 10am - Wednesday, March 18th at 5pm

Forever Bristol members (including Bristol Rugby and Bristol Flyers season ticket holders) can purchase one ticket per membership.

Sorry if im being stupid here (which I am), but I would just like clarity.

Am I right in saying that I can only purchase the one ticket for myself rather than purchase one ticket with my membership then a couple more for friends (during the members sales procedure)

Friends would have to wait til general sale to purchase theirs rather than a member purchasing for them?

This is not right i.m.o

Yawn... back in the late 60`s early seventies,eighties I went to every home and most away games, even buying a ST in the Dolman the first 2yrs it was open; things change since then. I still follow every game MY TEAM plays, if not in person then on the beeb or on forums. I have been to Wembley old and new and the Mill, been on the pitch celebrating every promotion.

Recent years has seen my income wane and other things take the lions share of that income; my Club has taken thousands of pounds of me and I wouldn't begrudge them one penny of it, they`ve been a huge part of my life for 50yrs.

Yes maybe I shouldn't of brought that wembley scarf and t shirt as I`m not going and put it towards the latest scheme, but ffs to give rugger fans priority just because they spent a few quid on that scheme is still sad in my eyes.

I do agree with you regarding the rugby lot getting priority. Maybe in the future it's a decent idea when the capacity is 27k but it's not the right thing to do right now.

That said the membership is a fantastic scheme which has seen myself save plenty of money already making it anything but a stealth tax.

I've made it down there for a good percentage of games (home and away) this season so feel I should be entitled to first dibs on these end of season games.

Whose to say those rugger boys aren't also City supporters like those who have (or haven't) been going for 50 years. I've heard that baloney before, some of the rugger boys attend more games than some of those that pick and choose their games now and have in the past been to most away FOOTBALL grounds watching their team play..........oh wait a minute rugger fans wouldn't be at those away grounds because they would be at the mem watching their rugby team play. It cannot be denied therefore that most rugger fans should not have priority over our own fans unless loyalty counts for jack sh1t.

You missed a bit off

Archived