IGNORED

Bristol

Linkedarm wall

'Singing sections', Bristol Sport and being referred to as 'Bristol' and not Bristol City by some in the media got me thinking of years ago. Anyone else remember we used to sing ' Brrrrisssstol' (clap of hands!) Brrriistolll...... I also seem to remember back in the 80's it was sung like a 'fighting' song, if you like,  when there was a bit of trouble/goading with opposition fans.

Strange what you think isn't it!

'Singing sections', Bristol Sport and being referred to as 'Bristol' and not Bristol City by some in the media got me thinking of years ago. Anyone else remember we used to sing ' Brrrrisssstol' (clap of hands!) Brrriistolll...... I also seem to remember back in the 80's it was sung like a 'fighting' song, if you like,  when there was a bit of trouble/goading with opposition fans.

Certainly a "fighting" chant at games in the 70's!

I recall in the 1970s another fighting chant was 'You're gonna get your ******* heads kicked in'. I recall walking home to Whitchurch from the ground on early Saturday mid-1970s evenings and watching Kung Fu on BBC, or whatever it was called, starring David Carrotmine as a young bloke called Grasshopper, and this guru type who kept telling Grasshopper not to use violence and to always take the path of peace. I recall taking issue with that guru type many times thinking that he had never been to the Gate having West Ham, Tottenham or Millwall types goading us with references to crunching carrots, combine harvesters and chewing on hay and then trying to make themselves at home in the East End.

'Singing sections', Bristol Sport and being referred to as 'Bristol' and not Bristol City by some in the media got me thinking of years ago. Anyone else remember we used to sing ' Brrrrisssstol' (clap of hands!) Brrriistolll...... I also seem to remember back in the 80's it was sung like a 'fighting' song, if you like, when there was a bit of trouble/goading with opposition fans.

It was always the first chant, as we got off the football special trains in whichever far off City we had travelled to.

Good times.

I recall in the 1970s another fighting chant was 'You're gonna get your ******* heads kicked in'. I recall walking home to Whitchurch from the ground on early Saturday mid-1970s evenings and watching Kung Fu on BBC, or whatever it was called, starring David Carrotmine as a young bloke called Grasshopper, and this guru type who kept telling Grasshopper not to use violence and to always take the path of peace. I recall taking issue with that guru type many times thinking that he had never been to the Gate having West Ham, Tottenham or Millwall types goading us with references to crunching carrots, combine harvesters and chewing on hay and then trying to make themselves at home in the East End.

..and what happened to 'You're going in the River'??

"Carrotmine"??  Sounds like something Bugs Bunny would invest in.

Funny how kwai chang caine always talked about taking the path of peace but always ended up in a scrap well normally quite a few in every episode ,path of peace my ass 

Archived