IGNORED

Pack Today

Bristol Rob

He played very, very well. I don't rate the guy but I have to heap praise on an excellent performance. He kept the ball flowing left to right and sat just in front the back three, offering them good protection.

Hope he continues to keep Wade Elliot out of the team, frankly I think it's time for him to move onto the coaching team.

I've always liked Pack but didn't believe he had the consistency to play in the Championship. He's still relatively young (23), so perhaps this recent run in the team means he can develop into a good Championship player. He reminds me of Cole Skuse! To me that's good, but to some on the forum, that's the kiss of death.

Skuse was good but what let him down, as was the case with Lee J, was getting caught on the ball and making it look like he was half asleep.. something about the body movement after the ball had gone suggesting that was the case.. of course nothing could have been farther from the truth its just that that is how it looked from the stands. It takes skill does that; doing something and not knowing how it looks to others.

Well I thought he was terrible today. Can't pass the ball forward, doesn't win any headers, never tackles, never tracks back, doesn't affect the opposition box, left his back 3 exposed, slowed the game down too much and gave the ball away too cheaply and too often. Quite why he's in the team I don't know. Give him back to cheltenham at the end of his contract, he's a league 2 player at best.

I can't tell if this is serious or not. By far our best player yesterday, as everyone else agrees

That's funny as I thought the opposite Gillingham gave us very little time on the ball. Pack especially in the middle

First half yes....

Second half last 30 they dropped much deeper and played on the break....giving the likes of pack and smith more time in the middle of the pitch.

How can it be premier league standard when he was only up against league 1 side

It doesn't matter who else is on the field, if you pump an inch perfect 50 yard pass upfield to a man in space that is as good as anything you'll see in the Prem.

Note I didn't say he was PL class, I said some of his play was.

Archived