IGNORED

Pne 7 Games In 22 Days

lost black rat

just looked at pne fixtures for April 7games in 22 days to include

Bradford( play off contender)

swindle(poc)

Gillingham (poc )

and us top of the league

and before that the 3 remaining games in march are all play off contenders and all in good form

Barnsley  won last 6( poc)

posh won last 5

Fleetwood only lost 1 of last 6

6 away 5 home

can see them dropping a few points

just looked at pne fixtures for April 7games in 22 days to include

Bradford( play off contender)

swindle(poc)

Gillingham (poc )

and us top of the league

and before that the 3 remaining games in march are all play off contenders and all in good form

Barnsley  won last 6( poc)

posh won last 5

Fleetwood only lost 1 of last 6

6 away 5 home

can see them dropping a few points

They will likely sail through those fixtures unfortunately. Fixture congestion is much less of a problem with their squad of 30+.

They have the luxury of being able to replace flagging or injured players with others of similar quality, and the all round strength of their recently bolstered squad means it shouldn't weaken them.

PNE have won 7 of their last 8, drawing the other one, and are in the sort of form where we have to assume they're likely to win most of their remaining games.

They'll push us all the way for the title imo, and will be hugely encouraged by any sign of faltering by City, like dropping 2 home points yesterday.

They will likely sail through those fixtures unfortunately. Fixture congestion is much less of a problem with their squad of 30+.

They have the luxury of being able to replace flagging or injured players with others of similar quality, and the all round strength of their recently bolstered squad means it shouldn't weaken them.

PNE have won 7 of their last 8, drawing the other one, and are in the sort of form where we have to assume they're likely to win most of their remaining games.

They'll push us all the way for the title imo, and will be hugely encouraged by any sign of faltering by City, like dropping 2 home points yesterday.

......But I thought we'd cherry picked all the best talent?

......But I thought we'd cherry picked all the best talent?

Quite a few of them, but a couple of those players have already made 48 apps. this season and half a dozen 44 or more.

The rigours of a long season will inevitably take a toll, as evidenced by a few City players appearing to be held together with sticky tape.

We're asking more of our players phsically than the likes of PNE with their far bigger squad, and it's very much a case of fingers crossed for us that our most important players can be patched up enough to play through any niggles and be strong enough at the end of a memorable season to cement the title.

This is it though- They have won 7 out the last 8 and drawn 1 to get close to us. Can you see them maintaining that form for another 11 games? If they want to pip us for the title they will need to do that (assuming we dont collapse like an england batting order) and even then it might not be enough.

To be honest if they win 17 and draw 2 (not precise form numbers I know) of their last 19 games it would be hard to begrudge them if they did pip us to the title but it would still be in our hands which shows how consistent we have been all season!

Im not for one moment suggesting it is in the bag but we have put ourselves in a position where

preston will have to have a run of form beyond incredible and hope we slip up as well.

Some seers on this forum were predicting the Blades and Franchise would win all their remaining games, just a few weeks ago!

PNE might well have a 30+ playing squad but the question is just how many of them are of first team quality? Do they have strength in depth?

Replacing an injured or suspended first team regular with a player of lesser quality would weaken their first 11.

Fortunately SC does have adequate depth in most areas with the exception of his strikers.

Some seers on this forum were predicting the Blades and Franchise would win all their remaining games, just a few weeks ago!

I'm a confirmed pessimist when it comes to City, with sound historical reasoning.

I never thought Sheff. U. or MK would win their remaining games but PNE's form, and squad strength, does concern me.

Therefore, like us all, I'll be extremely pleased to see them lose a couple, and the sooner the better.

I want nothing less than to see City crowned Champions and I don't need the excitement of PNE making life difficult.

Still suprised that any fuss at all is being kicked up about our position to be honest.. Dont know if its just people bored and looking for a topic to discuss but jesus christ we are firmly in the driving seat.. I am chilled to the extreme in regards to it all now!

i wonder what price for preston to win the league ?  not beyond the realms is it . in probably better form than us, if they win their  two games in hand, and beat us at home  then it will be squeaky bum time !!  as shown yesterday we can drop points against teams we should be dispatching, also if we get caught up in getting revenge against  swindle etc, reacting to their cheating we could get players booked/ sent off . just a thought .....

God there's some ******* in here, I'm amazed people are suggesting we are faltering, it's hilarious... The point against the gills is a good one we can't win them bloody all...

You wait after we win on tues and the other 2 drop point on tues all you plonkers will be back on the how easy it is boat...

Bore off...

God there's some ******* in here, I'm amazed people are suggesting we are faltering, it's hilarious... The point against the gills is a good one we can't win them bloody all...

You wait after we win on tues and the other 2 drop point on tues all you plonkers will be back on the how easy it is boat...

Bore off...

Yeah agreed mate, we are really faltering with with 16 points from the last 18 available, i'm with you too many on here who just like a bloody good moan!!

Is this the side that needed a goal in the 95th minute to steal a draw at home against Doncaster after being in front with five minutes to go and who drew at home to Yeovil when the opposition only had 3 outfield subs?

No way will they keep their current run up, I think.

PNE have a tough April with 7 matches, but it's not going to be easy for us either, as we play 6 matches.  The first 4 are Oldham (away), Swindon (home), PNE (away), Bradford (away). Not easy, but have faith!

Archived