IGNORED

London Next Saturday

Interested in this! Big Arctic Monkeys fan. What's the name of the club with the tribute band?

It'll be what was/is The Venue - haven't been there in decades but used to be a dive - New X boozers I'd avoid as there are much better options 10 minutes either way.

It'll be what was/is The Venue - haven't been there in decades but used to be a dive - New X boozers I'd avoid as there are much better options 10 minutes either way.

Yep.. The Venue. TheVenueLondon.com and check out "What's on". Not sure I'd call it a dive, reminds me of Odyssey/Works back in the day. New X pubs aren't as bad as you make them sound, I don't mean the proper Millwall ones like the Five Bells at the bottom of the Old Kent Road, the main New Cross strip around The Venue almost reminds me of Whiteladies now, New Cross House is done up like Henry Africa's and always busy, Hobgoblin just been refitted as Rose Inn and if anything too gastro than dive but very smart, New Cross Inn is proper firkin style live music pub, and Irish pub at end yes a dive but as lively as any until the early hours, and all ages too.

Archived