IGNORED

Metropolitan Bar, Baker St

Kid in the Riot

For info I rang them up yesterday and they are opening earlier than advertised at 9.30 am and will be serving booze and breakfasts (it's a Wetherspoons).

You can walk there from Paddington - takes around 15 mins.

Hadn't really struck me until this week but as it's a Sunday lots of the boozers in London (including many around Baker St/Marylebone) don't open until midday. I know lots will be getting the train early doors and so the The Metropolitan looks a decent shout.

for the play off final vs Hull, I met up with my old uni mate who was a hull fan, they were in the Globe across the road from there, seemed to be a mix of both sets of fans in that one.

I think if memory serves me rightly we went into that one for one but left cuz it was too busy, we also went into another pub on Baker Street next to the Sherlock Holmes museum, whether it's still there or not I have no idea, not been to that part of London for a while. The one by the museum was a lot quieter.

Those not wanting the barn-like interior and watered-down beers of Weatherspoons are welcome to try the more trad confines of my "London local", the Thornbury Castle, which is 5 minutes from Baker Street tube. It's rugby themed, but not unfriendly to the football-supporting punter.

http://www.thornburycastle.uk.com/

Cue horror tales from returning City fans about the price of drinks in London and particularly at Wembley.

I saw my first ever One Pound pint in London, must have been in the early eighties when we were still paying about 60p a pint  :shocking:

Cue horror tales from returning City fans about the price of drinks in London and particularly at Wembley.

Load a fuss about nothing , most of London is no more pricey than Bristol if not cheaper

I saw my first ever One Pound pint in London, must have been in the early eighties when we were still paying about 60p a pint  :shocking:

For the Bolton game , all those years ago. Our coach was the first in the car park and so we were in the pub very early, early enough to hear the staff ask the manager/owner  "how much are we charging today" !!  if they can they will take advantage. That said at least we know the score these days.

Those not wanting the barn-like interior and watered-down beers of Weatherspoons are welcome to try the more trad confines of my "London local", the Thornbury Castle, which is 5 minutes from Baker Street tube. It's rugby themed, but not unfriendly to the football-supporting punter.

http://www.thornburycastle.uk.com/

Living near to the real Thornbury Castle, I guess I should be going here!

Archived