IGNORED

Wemblerley.....what Memories To Come From Sunday

where's the joy

Mark Gavin on the wing for bolton wanderers looking tidy, till Glynn Riley struck and we won 3-0, and then took their best player

Poor game against carlisle at millennium but Leroy Rosenior saw us through 2-0

Louis Carey switched off at a free kick and stoke got their winning goal in the last game at the old wembley.1-2

'why, why, why delila' sending shivers down the spine as the stoke fans raised the noise through the roof.

Gordon Owen and David Moyes missed penalties against mansfield after 1-1 after extra time, a tragedy we lost a game we absolutely should have won  

so 2 wins and 2 losses and now the ghost of david kelly to be well and truly exorcised.... so no mercy boys

we want five goals at least, a battering nothing less, no quarter given, no letting up 

just the display of the season for us to keep warm by in our old age

so hopes a city fan since 1967 when a 3-3 home draw against hull city down the gate first captured me

I'm in the minority, I think. I like the new Wembley, same as I liked the old one. It is a special place for football fans.

Walking up the Olympic/Wembley Way, seeing your team's name on the scoreboard. The build up, your team's name announced.

It will be a special day. Enjoy it because days at Wembley watching Bristol City don't come along too often.

Eye-wateringly expensive food and drink and miserable staff who barely speak a word of English (think Bristol bus drivers).

The football might be OK, though

Why do you insist on hijacking every Wembley threat with your pessimistic dribble.

Your not going. It's a tin pot cup. We get it. We don't need you telling us every 5 minutes

Whatever happens it won't be as disappointing as our last vistit there.

The result, obviously, but at least we fought against outrageous bad luck. I was proud of the lads when I left.

After the Brighton game, I felt physically sick. We didn't even turn up and ******* DW didn't even have our one real class player in the squad. Pisses me off to think about even today.

I'm in the minority, I think. I like the new Wembley, same as I liked the old one. It is a special place for football fans.

Walking up the Olympic/Wembley Way, seeing your team's name on the scoreboard. The build up, your team's name announced.

It will be a special day. Enjoy it because days at Wembley watching Bristol City don't come along too often.

I think it's become almost fashionable now to say you don't like it. I do think the Millenium is superior for atmosphere, but it's still an enormous 90,000 seater stadium that can't fail to take your breath away the first time you see it, for sheer scale if nothing else. The arch is magnificent too. Result aside, I still have very good memories of the Hull game. No one forces you to buy the overpriced things inside the stadium and I certainly recall the City end making some good noise. And frankly I don't really care if the person sat next to me doesn't normally go to Ashton Gate, it's far preferable to an empty seat.

Personally I can't wait for Sunday!

Eye-wateringly expensive food and drink and miserable staff who barely speak a word of English (think Bristol bus drivers).

The football might be OK, though

I really don't understand why you judge the whole experience based on the price of a burger that you don't have to buy. A tiny aspect of the overall day out. Likewise the linguistic skills of the stadium staff, who you will likely have little reason to converse with for any length of time anyway.

I think it's become almost fashionable now to say you don't like it. I do think the Millenium is superior for atmosphere, but it's still an enormous 90,000 seater stadium that can't fail to take your breath away the first time you see it, for sheer scale if nothing else. The arch is magnificent too. Result aside, I still have very good memories of the Hull game. No one forces you to buy the overpriced things inside the stadium and I certainly recall the City end making some good noise. And frankly I don't really care if the person sat next to me doesn't normally go to Ashton Gate, it's far preferable to an empty seat.

Personally I can't wait for Sunday!

I know what you mean about 'real' football fans disparaging the new Wembley, but I have to say it leaves me cold. I love football stadiums, I'm only a couple short of visiting 200, but my first visit to the old Wembley - I'm too embarrassed to tell you the game, but although a certain east midlands team that broke my heart last season,  made it soar that day, karma eh?- really did take my breath away. Whereas my first visit to the new Wembley was a bit 'meh, another new stadium'.

Anyway, hope you all have a safe journey up and back, get dicked by Walsall and get drenched in a downpour on the walk back to your coaches and mini buses..

I know what you mean about 'real' football fans disparaging the new Wembley, but I have to say it leaves me cold. I love football stadiums, I'm only a couple short of visiting 200, but my first visit to the old Wembley - I'm too embarrassed to tell you the game, but although a certain east midlands team that broke my heart last season,  made it soar that day, karma eh?- really did take my breath away. Whereas my first visit to the new Wembley was a bit 'meh, another new stadium'.

Anyway, hope you all have a safe journey up and back, get dicked by Walsall and get drenched in a downpour on the walk back to your coaches and mini buses..

Please don't say your first game at the old Wembley was Mansfield's penalty win over City!

I know what you mean about 'real' football fans disparaging the new Wembley, but I have to say it leaves me cold. I love football stadiums, I'm only a couple short of visiting 200, but my first visit to the old Wembley - I'm too embarrassed to tell you the game, but although a certain east midlands team that broke my heart last season, made it soar that day, karma eh?- really did take my breath away. Whereas my first visit to the new Wembley was a bit 'meh, another new stadium'.

So it's not just me who thinks the new Wembley is crap?

I really don't understand why you judge the whole experience based on the price of a burger that you don't have to buy. A tiny aspect of the overall day out. Likewise the linguistic skills of the stadium staff, who you will likely have little reason to converse with for any length of time anyway.

No, my friend. The fact that it was a shit experience at what's supposed to be the home of English football. Try it yourself on Sunday and report back.

FFS even the Welsh can do it better!

Must say, I'm not impressed by Wembley, but I can not not go for us there.

It is an epitome of football in 2015; a cash cow. It's a disgrace that English football has been whored as it has.

People need to be trialled and sentenced for crimes against humanity, especially that**** Margaret Thatcher - were she alive.

It's not a perfect stadium and I wholeheartedly agree that both the match day experience at the Millennium, with its city centre location, and atmosphere in the stadium, are superior. But I just can't see that it's as terrible some claim, certainly not terrible enough to stop me enjoying the day out, and definitely not bad enough to stop me going altogether.

Thankfully it would seem there are 39,600 other City fans who agree with me.

Must say, I'm not impressed by Wembley, but I can not not go for us there.

It is an epitome of football in 2015; a cash cow. It's a disgrace that English football has been whored as it has.

People need to be trialled and sentenced for crimes against humanity, especially that **** Margaret Thatcher - were she alive.

Random.

Loved the old Wembley.

I still remember the first time I went, on a school trip as a 13 year old. September 1999. England vs Luxembourg in a Euro 2000 qualifier. 

I remember it vividly - even down to the song that was playing as I bounded up the stairs two at a time and out through the "concourse" bit to get my first sight of the pitch, and the vast interior of the stadium, something I'd dreamed of for years at the time. To this day I still associate the song with that experience and it floods back memories (Maria by Blondie, by the way!)

Alas, my memories of the new Wembley not so good for obvious reason.

Muse and The Killers have been my highlights of the new stadium so far.

Sadly it just doesn't hold the same appeal for me anymore. As "nice" a stadium as the new Wembley is, it doesn't feel impressive for me in any way. I don't really know why to be honest, though expect I might feel differently had May 24th 2008 gone a different way!

Mark Gavin on the wing for bolton wanderers looking tidy, till Glynn Riley struck and we won 3-0, and then took their best player

Poor game against carlisle at millennium but Leroy Rosenior saw us through 2-0

Louis Carey switched off at a free kick and stoke got their winning goal in the last game at the old wembley.1-2

'why, why, why delila' sending shivers down the spine as the stoke fans raised the noise through the roof.

Gordon Owen and David Moyes missed penalties against mansfield after 1-1 after extra time, a tragedy we lost a game we absolutely should have won

so 2 wins and 2 losses and now the ghost of david kelly to be well and truly exorcised.... so no mercy boys

we want five goals at least, a battering nothing less, no quarter given, no letting up

just the display of the season for us to keep warm by in our old age

so hopes a city fan since 1967 when a 3-3 home draw against hull city down the gate first captured me

"Switched off at a free kick" - Stoke took it before the ref had blown and on a rolling ball. The goal should never have stood. Cheating bunch of oatcake munchers!

"Switched off at a free kick" - Stoke took it before the ref had blown and on a rolling ball. The goal should never have stood. Cheating bunch of oatcake munchers!

I am glad someone else saw it this way too. I was absolutely bladdered and always wondered if I had imagined that injustice.

Are you allowed to say "oatcake munchers" these days?

Not to mention the ref was actually talking to Carey at the time Sjoke took the freekick !!

Archived