IGNORED

Wemblerley.....what Memories To Come From Sunday

where's the joy

As for the new Wembley.

I was in the middle, club Wembley section for the play off final and was blown away by how good it was, big half empty lounge bars with views up Wembley way.

Next time was for an F A cup final in the top tier and couldn't believe how dreadful it was, cramped concourse and a crap view.

This time I'll try the bottom tier.

On the basis that every city fan who was there seems to have seen this I can only assume these girls had the most ginormous norks in the world.....

Not sure how they got them through the turnstiles mind.

Under their coats, like how I smuggle Horace in :fear:

The old Wembley when I first went there in 1961 to see England beat Portugal 2-1 and to watch Eusebio. What a player!

The stadium itself was a shithole. Terrace steps of only a couple of inches higher than the one in front. The stench of urine running down the terraces. Nowhere near enough toilets and refreshments.

An absolute DUMP!

So the new one surely must be better?

I'd like to join the New Wembley liking minority please.

Not having to squeeze through potentially dangerous pinch points after spending 45 minutes shuffling along over a carpet of discarded tinnies is a plus. As are great views, clear signage and catering that does not appear to date back to the Black Death.

:laughcont:

Probably not a fair comparison as Stoke loss was only game I saw at old Wembley, but I have no issue with new Wembley. Have seen:

Hull game

Patriots v Buccaneers

Challenge Cup final 2011

England v Moldova 2014 qualifier

Atmosphere good at all. Getting reasonable food and pint nearby admittedly challenging.

I'd like to join the New Wembley liking minority please.

Not having to squeeze through potentially dangerous pinch points after spending 45 minutes shuffling along over a carpet of discarded tinnies is a plus. As are great views, clear signage and catering that does not appear to date back to the Black Death.

As opposed to Lindley's, which looks forward to the Black Death.

heres the memories i want from today

cider in can na na na sung at the top of our voices

all our fans remembering all of the words in drink up thee zyder

wilbraham, with the first, bryan with the second, freeman with the third, flint with the fourth and frankie fielding with the five

and walsall very lucky to get nil

Archived