IGNORED

Wembley - No Need To Buy A Tube Ticket!... And Other Tips.

bcfcshorey

• Admin

Can you use the bank card at Marylebone?

Yeah the yellow panel is on the barrier to get onto all tube stations, put your card infront of the same panel to get out through the barrier, the fare is then worked out by the journey you made

Not sure if it works out cheaper doing it both directions (two singles) or not?

Using-Contactless-Payment-On-TFL-Reader.

More details can be found here http://www.tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/contactless

Does it not work like a Oyster card in that you scan when you arrive too? 

This. same as an oyster, you need to scan when you exit your destination to get through the barriers

Of course if you dont have an oyster or contact-less card you can get a travel card. I believe its cheaper using an Oyster/Bank card though.

This. same as an oyster, you need to scan when you exit your destination to get through the barriers

Of course if you dont have an oyster or contact-less card you can get a travel card. I believe its cheaper using an Oyster/Bank card though.

I know that an Oyster card works out the cheapest way to charge you. So if it turns out that your journeys on the day don't add up to the cost of day ticket it will charge you individual costs, if it goes over then it will charge you the day pass cost. Not sure if the cost of a day pass is different though.

What a load of bumpkins we sound like!

In all seriousness, I hope they hurry up and introduce this to Bristol. Would save people messing about with money on buses

The look you get if you attempt to pay for a bus ticket with a note. Only the bravest would try and pay with a twenty.

Hi. I have got thro' train tickets to Wembley Stadium but want to do a bit of sightseeing with wife and grandson.

From Paddington, want to go to Westminster and then to Marylebone for train to Wembley.

Will I be able to use the train tickets or whats the cheapest way fof those extra two single trips?

• Admin

Hi. I have got thro' train tickets to Wembley Stadium but want to do a bit of sightseeing with wife and grandson.

From Paddington, want to go to Westminster and then to Marylebone for train to Wembley.

Will I be able to use the train tickets or whats the cheapest way fof those extra two single trips?

Would assume that the ticket is only valid for the zones where Paddington to Wembley Stadium are within

From memory Paddington and Westminster are both in zone 1 so that won't be a problem I wouldn't think. BUT Westminster and Wembley are in totally opposite directions, not sure if the ticket expects you to roam around London or take the 'permitted' route, seen 'any permitted route' written on tickets before. If it's a day travel card then yes, otherwise don't know.

From memory Paddington and Westminster are both in zone 1 so that won't be a problem I wouldn't think. BUT Westminster and Wembley are in totally opposite directions, not sure if the ticket expects you to roam around London or take the 'permitted' route, seen 'any permitted route' written on tickets before. If it's a day travel card then yes, otherwise don't know.

If it's a Bristol to Wembley train ticket, it only allows 1 tube journey.

Actually it will allow you to do as many tube journeys as you like. But it will only open the exit barrier once.

Best option when the ticket won't open the gate at your random stop in another direction, March up to the attendant on the gate and scream loudly in a foreign tongue pointing repeatedly at damaged tube ticket and shaking your first violently. Impact is greater if kids can be crying and screaming beside you and other travelling companions feign an imminent projectile vomit attack .

Works for me everytime.

Me and some friends are going to Leicester square first. Will this method work and turn out cheaper then if we go from Paddington to Leicester square, then later to Wembley, then back to Paddington after the game? Or are we better off getting a day pass?

I've asked before but why don't the club have these types of things for a quick pay on the day entrance at Ashton Gate?

A system like that would be handy for the Dolman too, leave several mins before the end and pay a proportional charge according to how many minutes of game play missed.

(Then add a ten pounds fixed penalty early leaver and admin charge! :))

Hi Tom , yes understand this but both Wembley (via Marylebone) and Westminster are both change at Baker St.

What I need to know is can I get off at Baker St and buy return tickets to Westminster, and if so what type of tickets and where I can buy them (on a Sunday morn.) without any machine swallowing our BR Rail tickets?

Hi Tom , yes understand this but both Wembley (via Marylebone) and Westminster are both change at Baker St.

What I need to know is can I get off at Baker St and buy return tickets to Westminster, and if so what type of tickets and where I can buy them (on a Sunday morn.) without any machine swallowing our BR Rail tickets?

Hmmm tricky one... I've never tried anything like this. But I want to say that your ticket will let you out at Marylebone to change on to national rail to wembley and then let you out at Wembley, but nowhere else.

Archived