IGNORED

Wembley - No Need To Buy A Tube Ticket!... And Other Tips.

bcfcshorey

Hmmm tricky one... I've never tried anything like this. But I want to say that your ticket will let you out at Marylebone to change on to national rail to wembley and then let you out at Wembley, but nowhere else.

Thanks Tom, will see if I can get some info at Paddington if they still wotk on a Sunday!

If you can now pay on your debit card then surely oyster cards will pretty much become redundant!?

You still have people who purchase season passes for the year etc on their Oyster cards. I guess you could have it so your debit card is recognised but I imagine most at the moment would feel more secure with an oyster card. 

If you can now pay on your debit card then surely oyster cards will pretty much become redundant!?

You'd think that, but there are thousands of people in London that don't have bank accounts, and there are hundreds of thousands of people in London with bank accounts but without contactless cards. 

The Oyster Card is still the easiest option for the majority of Londoner's, so will be around for a long time yet. 

That's the plan. TfL despise paying away margin on their fares to Oyster in addition to the cost to debit a card to top-up. People don't realise Oyster is a private supplier (the same which has pitched for Bristol's ticketing smartcard), and TfL are determined to insource as much as possible of the scheme using contactless. 

I haven't got an oyster card or a contactless payment bank card, so how do I get to Wembley from Uxbridge using the tube? Can I not just pay cash?

There are ticket machines in all stations where you can pay cash for an old fashioned magnetic stripe ticket, like you use on trains.

Just make sure you tap in and tap out correctly! Get charged a hefty amount if you don't do it properly. 

Same happens here in Melbourne with our Transport MYKI cards.

The touch on /off  screens are usually so scratched you can't read a thing on them to tell if it registered your card or not.

If it doesn't then you get charged the maximum trip you could have made .

Archived