IGNORED

72,000!

ChippenhamRed

Expected attendance at Wembley now up to 72,000 according to the official site:-

http://mobile.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/wembley-final-set-to-be-biggest-match-of-the-weekend-2346613.aspx

That really is a phenomenal effort from both sets of fans! (presumably they are also expecting a few Club Wembley members to show up to get to 72k, plus a few POTD). The game really will have a sense of occasion now - can't wait!

As we have sold at the last count, 39,600 and Walsall 29,000, the total is already 68,600 plus pay on the day.

Indeed I just checked and those were the last published figures for both teams before tickets went off sale. Not entirely convinced by the 72k claim on that basis - seems hard to imagine there will be more than a handful of POTD, and if it's a pay game for Club Wembley then there won't be many. Even so, still a great combined effort.

Indeed I just checked and those were the last published figures for both teams before tickets went off sale. Not entirely convinced by the 72k claim on that basis - seems hard to imagine there will be more than a handful of POTD, and if it's a pay game for Club Wembley then there won't be many. Even so, still a great combined effort.

Maybe not club Wembley but there were several blocks for sponsors and football league, plus I would imagine those linked to both clubs (sponsors, staff, player's families etc) increase the numbers further.

Just seen the vid of players at Wembley. Opposite the tunnel the first two tiers are netted vertically on the half-way line, but no net on the top ttier. That leads me to believe Walsall haven't sold/been given top tier tickets .

I'm not sure they had the top tier initially, but they were definitely selling them later on, block by block.

Just seen the vid of players at Wembley. Opposite the tunnel the first two tiers are netted vertically on the half-way line, but no net on the top ttier. That leads me to believe Walsall haven't sold/been given top tier tickets .

That's because our later additional allocation was more tickets further across the top tier into the Walsall half. If you look carefully at the photos you will see the netting on the top tier is further around.

They will definitely have sold top tier tickets, as there's no way their entire 30k following would fit in half of the bottom tiers.

That's because our later additional allocation was more tickets further across the top tier into the Walsall half. If you look carefully at the photos you will see the netting on the top tier is further around.

They will definitely have sold top tier tickets, as there's no way their entire 30k following would fit in half of the bottom tiers.

ok

I thought this was a 'guess how many gasheads will travel to their next away game' thread from the title....

I thought it was guess how many gasheads will be locked  out of their next away game..

Assuming our 39k was our half, top and bottom, and their initial 20k, their half bottom, It would imply with the extra tickets they have had they are about half way round their top tier, give or take.

70-72k on the day sounds about right. Certainly some fans from both have gone for the Wembley package and are not showing on the club sales, and a few randoms, there or there abouts.

Is it my imagination and old age, or do I remember the games is 86,87,2000 being sell outs?

Think I'm just being an old romantic!

2000 was - I remember it well. We played Stoke though. Really wanted Preston to get through as would then have been a sell out plus the top 2 teams in league one battling it out - would have been a great spectacle. Still excited though!

Assuming our 39k was our half, top and bottom, and their initial 20k, their half bottom, It would imply with the extra tickets they have had they are about half way round their top tier, give or take.

70-72k on the day sounds about right. Certainly some fans from both have gone for the Wembley package and are not showing on the club sales, and a few randoms, there or there abouts.

This is backed up by the location of the netting in the upper tier. It is located just to the side of one of the screens in the Walsall end. There is then a big area of no mans land before getting to another lot of netting part way along the side of the upper tier to account for our additional tickets.

2000 was - I remember it well. We played Stoke though. Really wanted Preston to get through as would then have been a sell out plus the top 2 teams in league one battling it out - would have been a great spectacle. Still excited though!

Nah, Sir Stanley Matthews had just died IIRC. Stoke were meant to win it that year. Is my memory fading or did they have a large banner commemorating him?

My neighbour is using a box that his London based company have, there will be 6 of them in there. I wonder how many other people have connections that can get them into those areas? I am sure there will be a lot in use..

I've got 20 tickets from Nike so these will not be covered in City's total attending the match.

Archived