IGNORED

Walsall Fan Comments

Marina's Rolls Royce

Agree with Monkeh, a Walsall fan would NOT use terminology like that

Clearly someone on a wind up....

Jealousy is such an evil thing !

Nope- this is a very much a black country Walsall fan now living in Bristol. 

I thought it was interesting about the transfer fee bit . Then again Walsall have just announced their tenth annual profit in a row....

Nope- this is a very much a black country Walsall fan now living in Bristol. 

I thought it was interesting about the transfer fee bit . Then again Walsall have just announced their tenth annual profit in a row....

well if this "walsall" fan bothered to do a little bit of research he will see we have spent 250k on transfer fees this season according to our accounts, thats hardly millions,

he isn't a walsall fan if he uses bristol 1982 ltd full stop

Who cares? We all know it's factually inaccurate, probably a sag or swindle on the wind up. Even if it is a Walsall fan it'll be the same Walsall fan crying into his pint come Sunday.

As mentioned before, jealousy is a terrible thing.

I am a Walsall fan (hello again!) and the chap quoted in the OP would be nowhere near representative of what we think of you.

Our police seem to have an issue that dates back to 1988 but our fans do not, despite running something of a gauntlet outside AG in the first leg of that play-off final. You're a decent lot and to be honest you and PNE going up is good, two proper clubs with two proper sets of fans. We definitely don't like Swindon either. As alluded to above, we maintain a very tight ship, so seeing them play fast and loose with financial rules and regulations rankles.

Sunday will be fantastic. At least 70,000 there - a real carnival. Can't believe we've sold nearly 30,000. The record crowd for watching a Walsall game was 74,000 in the 30's. Would be amazing to top that.

Enjoy your day and safe trips down/across/whatever.

Am I the only one who doesn't get offended when rivals refer to us as 1982 Ltd. Yes our club was in trouble and had to be financially reformed so to speak, but so what, who cares? We survived it and are now doing alright. Much better that than end up like Parma in Italy, Portsmouth or Wimbledon.

As for being the 'Man Utd of the South West', not sure I've ever really heard anyone, including our own fans, call us that. I suppose when you compare us to the Sags, Swindon, Yeovil, Cheltenham etc then yes we are the biggest club but again, so what? Same with the money issue; so we have a British born millionaire backer; so what???

It all screams intense jealousy and bitterness to me.

Middlesbrough had financial problems in the 80's so did Wolves, same as Crystal Palace. I wonder if their rivals mock them for that?

I am a Walsall fan (hello again!) and the chap quoted in the OP would be nowhere near representative of what we think of you.

Our police seem to have an issue that dates back to 1988 but our fans do not, despite running something of a gauntlet outside AG in the first leg of that play-off final. You're a decent lot and to be honest you and PNE going up is good, two proper clubs with two proper sets of fans. We definitely don't like Swindon either. As alluded to above, we maintain a very tight ship, so seeing them play fast and loose with financial rules and regulations rankles.

Sunday will be fantastic. At least 70,000 there - a real carnival. Can't believe we've sold nearly 30,000. The record crowd for watching a Walsall game was 74,000 in the 30's. Would be amazing to top that.

Enjoy your day and safe trips down/across/whatever.

Good for you, have a great day out. 

Archived