IGNORED

Walsall Fan Comments

Marina's Rolls Royce

I am a Walsall fan (hello again!) and the chap quoted in the OP would be nowhere near representative of what we think of you.

Our police seem to have an issue that dates back to 1988 but our fans do not, despite running something of a gauntlet outside AG in the first leg of that play-off final. You're a decent lot and to be honest you and PNE going up is good, two proper clubs with two proper sets of fans. We definitely don't like Swindon either. As alluded to above, we maintain a very tight ship, so seeing them play fast and loose with financial rules and regulations rankles.

Sunday will be fantastic. At least 70,000 there - a real carnival. Can't believe we've sold nearly 30,000. The record crowd for watching a Walsall game was 74,000 in the 30's. Would be amazing to top that.

Enjoy your day and safe trips down/across/whatever.

Swiftlyon.

The first time we went to Wembley in 1986 for the Freight Rover version of the same cup, we were sitting on a wall in the car park eating sandwiches when Bobby Moore and Bobby Gould, ex City player who was then manager at Bristol Rovers, walked past.

They both said the same thing to us. Try to remember everything that happens during the afternoon as it is your first time at Wembley with your own club. Drink in the atmosphere because the time will pass so quickly, later in the day, you will wonder if it really happened.

So have a good day and do as they say, because you will never have another day like this coming Sunday.

I am a Walsall fan (hello again!) and the chap quoted in the OP would be nowhere near representative of what we think of you.

Our police seem to have an issue that dates back to 1988 but our fans do not, despite running something of a gauntlet outside AG in the first leg of that play-off final. You're a decent lot and to be honest you and PNE going up is good, two proper clubs with two proper sets of fans. We definitely don't like Swindon either. As alluded to above, we maintain a very tight ship, so seeing them play fast and loose with financial rules and regulations rankles.

Sunday will be fantastic. At least 70,000 there - a real carnival. Can't believe we've sold nearly 30,000. The record crowd for watching a Walsall game was 74,000 in the 30's. Would be amazing to top that.

Thank you for your contribution .I hope you enjoy your first visit to Wembley with your club and i hope you win ...

Next year .

I bet the author of that crap is a right laugh at parties?

To Swiftly on, I was at our first visit in 1986 and it was brilliant. Enjoy the day and soak it in as it's an incredible thing to see your own team at Wembley for the first time.

All that said, I hope we batter you! ;)

aye I have nothing against walsall nice club decent fans awful police force

I have never heard anyone mention City as 'The Man Utd of the South West' - got to be a wind up!

As for being the 'Man Utd of the South West', not sure I've ever really heard anyone, including our own fans, call us that. 

John Atyeo said it or something extremely similar once.

well if this "walsall" fan bothered to do a little bit of research he will see we have spent 250k on transfer fees this season according to our accounts, thats hardly millions,

he isn't a walsall fan if he uses bristol 1982 ltd full stop

He probably is a Walsall fan.  If he lives in Bristol he will have picked up the jibes to throw at us, particularly if he has Gas mates.  He is just winding up the OP and seems to have made a reasonable job of winding a few others up too.  Bless....

Who gives a flying **** about 1982. Does it matter? Of course it doesn't unless you're a desperate jealous sag trying to find just about anything to try and make themselves feel better  :yes:

We still exist

We're still called Bristol City

We still play in Red (sometimes Purple & Green)

We are very close to promotion

We're going to Wembley

We've got a lovely ground to look forward too

We've got a fantastic manager

We've got a fantastic squad

We've got a brilliant owner

Now the SAGS on the other hand ........   :laugh:

I really don`t get all this saggy 1982 crap. If we had ceased to exist, then the club would have had to reform as an AFC in some crappy non-league pit .....like the Bananarama. Only the operating company was reformed, not the club. Thick, desperate Sag oinkers (and sympathisers).

Never in a month of JPT final Sundays is that a Walsall fan. Three things refer this a a sadsag. 1. 82. Only weapon they really have against us. 2. Wealth and therefore being able to spend without the worry of going tits up. 3. ManU of the south west. Why would Walsall give a bean about that?. Only someone from the South West would say that. We don't refer to Norwich as the Chelsea of east Anglia. Sad bellend.

Having lived in Tamworth for one of the most enjoyable decades of a thoroughly enjoyable life, I can vouch that Warsaw fans are a very pleasant bunch in the main. Place is a bit of a shithole mind.

Remember joining a work colleague on the running track at half time in the 'neutral' area between the fans at one of the 80's classics. West Midlands Police hadn't been programmed to deal with that and promptly throw us back into our respective 'cages'. Can remember me mate's protestations that he sat next to me at work and only wanted a chat as he was plunged back into the Warsaw crowd!

Having lived in Tamworth for one of the most enjoyable decades of a thoroughly enjoyable life, I can vouch that Warsaw fans are a very pleasant bunch in the main. Place is a bit of a shithole mind.

Remember joining a work colleague on the running track at half time in the 'neutral' area between the fans at one of the 80's classics. West Midlands Police hadn't been programmed to deal with that and promptly throw us back into our respective 'cages'. Can remember me mate's protestations that he sat next to me at work and only wanted a chat as he was plunged back into the Warsaw crowd!

I live in wolves. My rugby club's biggest rivalry is with Walsall, but they are better than us at every level. The guys are quality and I know a number of them are heading down today to make a full weekend of it.

Yes, Walsall is a bit of a dump, I never went for a night out there despite working for the uni, and all the sports campus was based at Walsall. People used to bang on about a bar called WS1, it was marmite, it was either the greatest place on earth, or an absolute dump.

As for the West Midlands Police, knowing police officers and staff, they do love it when we come to town. My sister in law's husband was on patrol last time we played WBA away and he was most annoyed that he'd built himself for a riot but it never materialised. His colleague told him about when we'd played Wolves and there was nothing but carnage.

No idea why people like to try and stir something up that simply isn't there. Sad really. Walsall always seem a very friendly and welcoming bunch.

After the play-off final defeat by Hull, despite being gutted, we had a good few drinks with the Hull fans after the game. I'm hoping for the same on Sunday with Walsall, regardless of the outcome.

Never in a month of JPT final Sundays is that a Walsall fan. Three things refer this a a sadsag. 1. 82. Only weapon they really have against us. 2. Wealth and therefore being able to spend without the worry of going tits up. 3. ManU of the south west. Why would Walsall give a bean about that?. Only someone from the South West would say that. We don't refer to Norwich as the Chelsea of east Anglia. Sad bellend.

Well- that's told me! All this time listening to this guy's thick brummy accent, seeing him in his Walsall shirt and arguing the finer points of League1 , the nemesis that is  David Kelly and all this time he was just a gas agent pretending to be a Walsall fan by going to watch....err.... Walsall - just so he could finally have his moment of 1982  sniping glory when City meet Walsall in the JPT.

Well spotted CBR- clearly your detective skills and Sherlockian powers of deduction are wasted on here. Silly me - I should have smelt the gas.

:facepalm:

Well- that's told me! All this time listening to this guy's thick brummy accent, seeing him in his Walsall shirt and arguing the finer points of League1 , the nemesis that is  David Kelly and all this time he was just a gas agent pretending to be a Walsall fan by going to watch....err.... Walsall - just so he could finally have his moment of 1982  sniping glory when City meet Walsall in the JPT.

Well spotted CBR- clearly your detective skills and Sherlockian powers of deduction are wasted on here. Silly me - I should have smelt the gas.

i-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together.jpg

Well- that's told me! All this time listening to this guy's thick brummy accent, seeing him in his Walsall shirt and arguing the finer points of League1 , the nemesis that is David Kelly and all this time he was just a gas agent pretending to be a Walsall fan by going to watch....err.... Walsall - just so he could finally have his moment of 1982 sniping glory when City meet Walsall in the JPT.

So what was it that pushed him over the edge on this occasion to come out with such a bitter load of old bolllocks? It's not like there's any real animosity between City and Walsall.

Bizarre.

The same happened to me at Molineux. We worked together at a company in Telford but the West Midlands Terrorist Squad (police) just could not get their bully boy brains round that one.

But the stewards at AG in the nineties were just as bad. I used to take an eleven year old lad from our street in Hanham. We sat in the Williams and at half time he walked over to the away fans to talk to his next door neighbour, a Wrexham fan. The reaction was as if he had lobbed a hand grenade into the away fans.

Well- that's told me! All this time listening to this guy's thick brummy accent, seeing him in his Walsall shirt and arguing the finer points of League1 , the nemesis that is David Kelly and all this time he was just a gas agent pretending to be a Walsall fan by going to watch....err.... Walsall - just so he could finally have his moment of 1982 sniping glory when City meet Walsall in the JPT.

Christ. Good job I got detention and doing my 1000 lines. If I left school now to walk home might get beaten up.

Don't know how old your Walsall mate is but if he's over 44 ish he should well remember the direct link between the events at your club and our own in 1982. One of the "eight" was a certain Julian Marshall who we picked up. He was bad, I mean really bad for us. So whilst no Walsall fan would really have any reason to glory in your downfall at the time, if they really knew their onions they'd know that it hardly helped us either.

Just as a matter of interest one of the others from the "eight" was our assistant manager at the time of that three-game play-off encounter later in the 80's. Gerry Sweeny. Nice bloke.

Archived